SASS Wire Forum

I need the yellow primer tube tips, does Dillon sell just them?

Go West

1 hour ago, Go West said:

Anyone order just the yellow tips? I can't be the only one...........:(

Call them...they will mail you some.

I 'bent'/tore our last blue plastic tip just before a big match, called and seriously had them in hand 4 days later.

Just give them a call.

WOW!  They're yellow now?  When I ordered my press I also ordered 10 ea spare LP & SP tubes... all the tips were white... good thing they were packaged separately, 

It frequently happen, for me that I need some little item like that ,at inopportune times. Now I keep a "Small Parts Kit" at hand. Inexpensive, has most every soft/small part that we often lose or wear out. Ask me how I know.

Imis

13 minutes ago, Griff said:

WOW!  They're yellow now?  When I ordered my press I also ordered 10 ea spare LP & SP tubes... all the tips were white... good thing they were packaged separately, 

But that was when?:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Right after the last Ice Age ......

6 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

1987.   I noticed that yellow one in my "spare parts pack" when I got my press rebuilt (replaced) by Dillon last year, and wondered with it fit!!!

41 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

My primer tubes have metal brass tips.

The feed tubes in my presses have brass tips (I think from Uniquetek?) but the pickup tubes need the plastic tips, which is what the OP was talking about I believe. 

12 minutes ago, Ripsaw said:

The feed tubes in my presses have brass tips (I think from Uniquetek?) but the pickup tubes need the plastic tips, which is what the OP was talking about I believe. 

I am talking about my primer pick up tubes.

Instead of sitting on hold waiting to talk to customer service at Dillon, I've had good luck just leaving a message with the exact part numbers I need on their website.  Don't forget to put your name and mailing address in the message.  Those primer tube plastic parts are covered under the Dillon warranty.  They'll be glad to send you as many as you need. 

9 hours ago, Assassin said:

My pick up tubes are yellow for smalls and green for large. Some are more than 20 years old. I don't think they've changed.

Howdy youngster!!!!

My originals are 1983 vintage and both large and small are white. Still have a couple replacement tips I bought with my machine (never used) also white.

Bought some new tubes last year (just cause) and the tips are green or yellow and the tubes themselves are slightly longer than my old ones.

You gonna be at the Colorado State shoot?

Just couldn't swing Hell on Wheels but pretty certain next year is in the cards.

Been way to long.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

1 hour ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Howdy youngster!!!!

My originals are 1983 vintage and both large and small are white. Still have a couple replacement tips I bought with my machine (never used) also white.

Bought some new tubes last year (just cause) and the tips are green or yellow and the tubes themselves are slightly longer than my old ones.

You gonna be at the Colorado State shoot?

Just couldn't swing Hell on Wheels but pretty certain next year is in the cards.

Been way to long.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Yes, I'm signed up for CO state match.

You missed the best HOW ever. Main match was what EOT and WR should aspire to mimic. Unfortunately they are not capable due to range restrictions.

There, I said it, and I'm not taking it back.

Looking forward to shooting with the western slope contingency.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L said:

Too Tall Bob and I both gave him some at the match on Sunday.

Johnny M.

Rescue squad. 

But did you find out where GW got the primers to go in the tubes?

5 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Rescue squad. 

But did you find out where GW got the primers to go in the tubes?

He's scrimping like most of us, but I set aside enough to shoot with you at EOT next year.

J.M.

Thanks to Johnny and Bob, you guys are the best.:) 

Momma found 5,000 small primers when we moved that were buried on a shelf. I'm shooting .45s to save the small primers for her. I did buy 1K LPP recently at Midway. $75 plus shipping, hazmat & taxes turned into about $100. Ouch. My last retail purchase was around $125 for 5K, so it's been awhile.

Archived