SASS Wire Forum

Uberti 73 lever lock delete?

Does someone make a plug to fill the hole for the uberti 73 lever lock. 
Was sure I had seen one recently while shopping parts but can’t find it again. 
I know it’s only cosmetic but the hole always bugs me. Guess I could grind the ears off the lock and leave it in. 
Thanks, LF. 

11 minutes ago, Long Fingers, SASS#56813 said:

Does someone make a plug to fill the hole for the uberti 73 lever lock. 
Was sure I had seen one recently while shopping parts but can’t find it again. 
I know it’s only cosmetic but the hole always bugs me. Guess I could grind the ears off the lock and leave it in. 
Thanks, LF. 

Grind it off...Cold Blue.

Done.

Gimmie a Break.  Not necessary to completely remove the "Lever Lock."  Just file off the little annoying tab and contour the other side to not interfere with the lever.  Little "Cold Blue" and done.

16 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Gimmie a Break.  Not necessary to completely remove the "Lever Lock."  Just file off the little annoying tab and contour the other side to not interfere with the lever.  Little "Cold Blue" and done.

Cooooome on now...admit it!

It's Rocket Science stuff here.

:mellow:

4 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Grind it off...Cold Blue.

Done.

NO! Keep the original, buy a spare.

Then proceed as above.

Then when you go overboard with the file or Dremel, buy another spare and try again.

Then buy two spares for the next attempt, take a close look at the original before beginning work and go at it carefully.

And when you finally sell the gun, remember to include the original unmodified safety. And as to the extra unmodified spare you now have left over, offer that in the Free thread in the classifieds. 

And let the nicely carved and blued plug on the gun all speak to your commitment to doing it right.

I planned to do this to my rifle, but the original is so tight I can't see it getting accidentally spun and locked (new Winchester Miroku). If it ever does get loose, I'll shortcut the above process by ordering two spares out of the gate.

Or, screw all that, just buy one of these:

http://rvbprecision.com/firearms/1866-1873-lever-lock-filler.html

IMG_20190702_081036518-vi.jpg

:lol: I like it!

37 minutes ago, Lever Jim said:

What's the reason for removal?

They can turn...sometimes by accident...sometimes a friend likes to screw with ya.

Then yer lever is locked and it's actually quite funny to the Posse as a whole.

Phantom

3 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

NO! Keep the original, buy a spare.

Then proceed as above.

Then when you go overboard with the file or Dremel, buy another spare and try again.

Then buy two spares for the next attempt, take a close look at the original before beginning work and go at it carefully.

And when you finally sell the gun, remember to include the original unmodified safety. And as to the extra unmodified spare you now have left over, offer that in the Free thread in the classifieds. 

And let the nicely carved and blued plug on the gun all speak to your commitment to doing it right.

I planned to do this to my rifle, but the original is so tight I can't see it getting accidentally spun and locked (new Winchester Miroku). If it ever does get loose, I'll shortcut the above process by ordering two spares out of the gate.

Or, screw all that, just buy one of these:

http://rvbprecision.com/firearms/1866-1873-lever-lock-filler.html

IMG_20190702_081036518-vi.jpg

:lol: I like it!

That kinda cool

Archived