SASS Wire Forum

New robo call scam...

They’ve been using that one for a long time.

If you have an iPhone you can set your phone to only accept calls that are in your Contacts. All others go directly to voicemail. I believe I have @Sedalia Daveto thank for that piece of advice. 

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

If you have an iPhone you can set your phone to only accept calls that are in your Contacts. All others go directly to voicemail. I believe I have @Sedalia Daveto thank for that piece of advice. 

Nope...a not so smart phone...

I got a call recently and the foreign sounding speaker advised he worked for the American IRS.  He said due to my back taxes, the American Marshal service was on the way to pick me up.  The only way I could prevent this was to electronically transfer funds via Wells Fargo. 

I told him to bring that there American Marshal on down to my place.  We'd have lots to talk about.

3 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

I got a call recently and the foreign sounding speaker advised he worked for the American IRS.  He said due to my back taxes, the American Marshal service was on the way to pick me up.  The only way I could prevent this was to electronically transfer funds via Wells Fargo. 

I told him to bring that there American Marshal on down to my place.  We'd have lots to talk about.

There is a Youtube video of such a call...caller dialed a Police Station!!!

It is pretty funny.

Yep, a caller allowed as he was from some agency or another so I told him to go down the hall, second door on the left, marked CAPTAIN.

Go in and pick up the thermos from the desk, it's right behind the name plate.

Bring it with you when you come to serve the warrant, I forgot and left my thermos there last night.

16 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Yep, a caller allowed as he was from some agency or another so I told him to go down the hall, second door on the left, marked CAPTAIN.

Go in and pick up the thermos from the desk, it's right behind the name plate.

Bring it with you when you come to serve the warrant, I forgot and left my thermos there last night.

Classic!!!

Archived