SASS Wire Forum

Not responsible

Rye Miles #13621

Okay I'm behind this truck and I notice the sign that reads, "Not responsible for stone damage to your vehicle"

Is that all it takes is a sign and if a stone hits my windshield and cracks it they're not responsible? Is it that easy??

Any lawyers want to weigh in on this? I'm curious!:)

IMG_2604.JPG

In California that sign wouldn't matter. BUT, the way these buttheads get around it is they don't put  business names  on their trucks  and civilians can't track license numbers back to companies.

19 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

In California that sign wouldn't matter. BUT, the way these buttheads get around it is they don't put  business names  on their trucks  and civilians can't track license numbers back to companies.

This truck had painted on the side doors Valley Ford, also those huge mudflaps said the same.

Argggghhhhh...

I had a passenger vehicle, on a high rise bridge well over two seconds ahead of me, throw up a rock that chipped my windshield yesterday.

We were also pelted by passenger vehicles in northern Wyoming on our recent trip.  Didn't seem to matter how far behind we followed or how slow (within reason) we were going.

That sign isn't worth the paint used to make it....in ohio it's called "unsecure load" and yes, they are responsible for anything they are hauling that damages another vehicle. 

Now proving it came from him and showing damage is a whole nother kettle of fish

In Alabama:

If it comes off the bed of the truck, it's an unsecured load, and the operator is responsible.

If it comes from the wheels/tires, it's a road hazard, and the operator is not responsible.

We had a guy try to use that...

His load wasn't covered/tarped tightly.

Although this doesn't mean it CAN'T happen, just that untarped, the guy was neglegent...

Winshield paid for.

Also had driver side window blown out by mowing crew!! Thought I had been shot at!

As I turned around to go back, the supervisor behind the mower stepped from his truck with the number to call and submit for my replacement.

Archived