SASS Wire Forum

Collectibles Insurance Services

Hoss

Anybody use Collectables Insurance Services? Had a claim?

they are offering me 50K fire/theft coverage for 396/year. Includes at hone or traveling. No schedule or serial # required, you do have to have pictures and a list in case of a claim. Seems cheaper than others I’ve seen

Hoss,

Never have filed a claim with them. However I’ve had them for 5 years. They came recommended by a trapshooting buddy. I like the no picture, no serial number requirement. Cost at the time was competitive. 

As always, your mileage might vary.

La Sombra

I have used them too for about 3 years.  Never had to file a claim so I don't know how good they are about paying out.

Perfect A1 company as in they accept my check every year for the past 12+years. My homeowners insurance company kept raising my rates and I had to keep them up to date on sales and purchases along with SNs. With CI they just want a total value.

PS also remember that with NRA membership you have an auto $2500 or so.

Make sure to read the fine print on any policy.  We went shopping for firearms insurance a few years ago.  We discovered that some...not all...carriers will only pay the difference after your Homeowner's Insurance, "free" NRA insurance, etc. pays your claim.

We eventually got a "rider" on our State Farm Homeowner's Policy.  Had a few interesting conversations with our Agent and the Underwriter about confidentiality, and replacement value,  I update an inventory of my collection and hand-deliver it to my Agent every renewal date.  Current values are referenced though the Blue Book.  (Even the new BB is already a year out of date.)  Policy cost is around $220 per annum for...well...more guns than Joe Biden believes I should have.

Check your existing home and vehicle policies.  Make sure you are covered while travelling.

Hope that helps.

Beanster

Never filed a claim, but use Eastern Insurance.  $150 a year for a $45,000 dollar policy with a $100 deductible per firearm.  www.historicfirearms.com.

On 8/1/2021 at 12:24 AM, Kirk James said:

Never filed a claim, but use Eastern Insurance.  $150 a year for a $45,000 dollar policy with a $100 deductible per firearm.  www.historicfirearms.com.

This is the company I  use also.

Archived