SASS Wire Forum

And they vote!

Pulp, SASS#28319

I ordered a small drink at a fast food restaurant.  I was told they don’t have a small.  They have medium, large and super large.

I asked if the medium was the smallest they had (to drive home my point).  They said yes.  Then I’ll take you’re smallest. 

At Starbucks I ordered  a  small coffee.

The guy  says "Short, Tall, Grande or Venti?"
I said "What do you mean?"

He said "Those  are the sizes."

I said "What d you call a small?"

He said "You need to order using short, tall, grande  or venti or I can't help you."

I left.

I was at a video store, a few weeks ago, and I asked the cashier if they took plastic (since I did not have much cash on me). 

She did not have a clue as to what that meant...and said so. 

Once I finally got up off the floor, I then said...do you take credit cards?

That seemed to (finally) ring a bell. A tiny bell, I might add.

And...they actually have drivers licenses, and they vote!!! :blink: 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

He said "You need to order using short, tall, grande  or venti or I can't help you."

I left.

You did the right thing!!

On their part, an exhibition of total ignorance and an arrogant, misguided assumption of superiority!!!  

They’re too stupid to realize that they are stupid!!

3 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I was at a video store, a few weeks ago, and I asked the cashier if they took plastic (since I did not have much cash on me). 

She did not have a clue as to what that meant...and said so. 

Once I finally got up off the floor, I then said...do you take credit cards?

That seemed to (finally) ring a bell. A tiny bell, I might add.

And...they actually have drivers licenses, and they vote!!! :blink: 

Worse still!!  They’re allowed to reproduce!!

2 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

Keep in mind half of the country is dumber than the 'average' citizen

Actually, that would be the “median” citizen.  Everyone below that median citizen contributes to the lower half of the average.  That “median citizen” would be the ONLY “average citizen”. :rolleyes: :lol:

I went to get new plates for a car that hadn’t been registered for over a year, meaning I needed a new plate, not just the sticker. My old plate had “National Guard Retired” on it. I said I would like another like it, and the clerk asked me, “Are you still retired?” I know I gave a blank stare for a moment while my mind processed the information. I answered yes and she asked if I had proof I was. I asked why she couldn’t use the old registration and she explained it was out of date - Despite the fact she was using it for everything else.

I pulled my ID out and she said “This says Retired Reserve so I can give you a Retired Army Reserve plate. I tried explaining the Retired Reserve concept and she said “Most people just bring in their DD 214.” I then tried explaining my DD 214 said nothing about retirement, only when I was last on active duty. She gave me a confused look and asked me if I wanted the Reserve plate. She didn’t seem to understand why I just took the regular plate.

Edit: I should add that when I got home and told Mrs. Doc and my daughter, I got the "are you still retired" part out and my daughter shrugged and said, "Maybe she knows something you don't? I hope Mom doesn't kill you too bad (or words to that effect)."

21 minutes ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Doc Was she the SUPERVISOR?

Largo

She was the only one there. She did say once I had my DD 214 she could “try to call someone.” I wasn’t going to suggest it then because I needed to get to work.

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I left.

One of a great number of reasons I won't do business with Starbucks.

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Actually, that would be the “median” citizen.  Everyone below that median citizen contributes to the lower half of the average.  That “median citizen” would be the ONLY “average citizen”. :rolleyes: :lol:

Thanks, .... I came here for a laugh and get a maths lesson .....   <_<

;)

12 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Next time you order... tell 'em "I have a cash guarantee card."
The sweet young thing I told this one to, said, "Oh, we don't take those."

That's great try get refused when you're using cash.   

I've been refused at several places and trying to pay with cash. My car insurance people told me they would not take cash, as they were open late at night, and all the employees were women, so they didn't want to have cash on hand so that someone would have to make a trip to the bank and risk getting robbed.

Oookaay.

I personally believe that if they will not take cash it's because they believe their employees are thieves. Less likely the employees we steal checks, and it's really hard for the employees to steal the credit card transaction. They might steal my card numbers and do their own transaction, but the store doesn't lose any money.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I've been refused at several places and trying to pay with cash. My car insurance people told me they would not take cash, as they were open late at night, and all the employees were women, so they didn't want to have cash on hand so that someone would have to make a trip to the bank and risk getting robbed.

Oookaay.

I personally believe that if they will not take cash it's because they believe their employees are thieves. Less likely the employees we steal checks, and it's really hard for the employees to steal the credit card transaction. They might steal my card numbers and do their own transaction, but the store doesn't lose any money.

Back in February, I went to UPS to send some ammo out of state. They would not take cash, CC only. Don't know if it is still that way.

I agree with Red. I’m not surprised to read stories of idiotic behavior by human beans but I was amazed to hear about someone actually being in a video store!

Seamus

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

Back in February, I went to UPS to send some ammo out of state. They would not take cash, CC only. Don't know if it is still that way.

That sorta proves my point. UPS won't take cash, because all UPS employees are thieves. We know this, because they told us this. That was the reason they gave for having to ship pistols overnight air. Because their employees were thieves, and if you shipped them ground, their thieving employees would steal them.

You haven't been able to use cash in good hotel, for a rental car, or lots of things, much less airline tix, for a long, long time.

The one that gets me is alcohol on airplanes. Remember how they insisted on cash only? Now, of course, it's long been the opposite.

I was getting fuel at  a truck stop west of Phoenix and I asked the young lady if they had a RV dump station.  She turned and looked at another employee and asked if RV dump still worked here.  She was educated by the other employee who also sent me to the nearest dump station...... 

Life on the road.....

11 hours ago, Hashknife Cowboy said:

I was getting fuel at  a truck stop west of Phoenix and I asked the young lady if they had a RV dump station.  She turned and looked at another employee and asked if RV dump still worked here.  She was educated by the other employee who also sent me to the nearest dump station...... 

Life on the road.....

We got the "I don't know, I'm new here" response...and never once thought to ask anyone else!

We will be seeing more and more automated, call in, online bussiness before we know it.

Archived