SASS Wire Forum

Pair of Ruger Single Six 32 H&R Magnum - SPF

I am curious. Forgive me but I dont know much about these 32 H&R mags. Can you only shoot the 32 H&R Mags in them or can you load a different load also. 

Where I am at 32 H&R mag is scarce and super expensive. I imagine loading for it would be better in the long run but curious about the ammo situation with these. Sorry for the question. Hope it's not too much of a problem to ask here.

16 minutes ago, Rube Burrows said:

am curious. Forgive me but I dont know much about these 32 H&R mags. Can you only shoot the 32 H&R Mags in them or can you load a different load also. 

Where I am at 32 H&R mag is scarce and super expensive. I imagine loading for it would be better in the long run but curious about the ammo situation with these.

Rube, although you can also shoot 32 S&W and 32 S&W Long, I reload and shoot 32 H&R "Magnum" light loads for both of my Grandkids and sometimes myself.  I have 4 pairs of these and love the pistol size and the caliber.  PM me if you meed more info.

City Dude

CD is correct.  There are a few options.  Most people I know shooting 32's load 32 H&R mag with a 78 or 100 grain bullet and very little powder.  It looks like Starline has 32 H&R brass in stock right now.  Bullets are easy to get from Cimarron, Cheycast or Badman and primers are.......well, you know.  If you have any questions feel free to PM me as well.

TW

I too really enjoy shooting these, I have even been known to use one for concealed carry on occasion. Not that expensive to shoot if you reload, If you want to price some expensive ammo look at what 45LC is going for, Federal is asking 71.00 per fifty plus tax. Primers have started to show up daily at midway you just have to be quick, the other day I was able to buy 3 different primers which brought the fees down. Anyway I love the single sixes in 32 h&r and if it wasn't for my wife's up coming medical I would already own these!

57 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

32 acp, a "semi-rimmed" cartridge, will probably work too - it does in all four of mine. 

Thanks, Three Foot, I did not know that.  I have half a box someone gave me, I'll give them a try.

City Dude

Who did the action job and did the lowered hammers?

Thanks for your time.

:ph34r:  My wife and I each have 2 of these and we shoot .32 S&W Long for regular matches.  I've shot Frontier Ctg. class using .32 mag cases full of 3f and a 115 grain bullet.  Lots of smoke.  Our smokeless knockdown load (pF of 118) is stouter than many of the .38's we see.  

BTW, Trainwreck is one of the good guys, and if we didn't already have ours, and a bunch of medical bills, we'd have 2 more.....

Archived