SASS Wire Forum

Dusty Hill - ZZ Top bassist - passed away

Chief Rick

He played bass!!  He entertained millions!  He loved what he did and did what he loved.  May we all be so lucky as have others say the same of us!!

He will be missed!!

Damn it. ZZ Top was one of my favorite "classic rock" bands. I saved my money and bought the Tres Hombres album when it came out...man, that was at least 45 years ago. That album was one of the best ever made, every song was good.

Thanks for the music and associated memories. The music was with me for some of the best times and some of the not so great times of my life....but I focus on the good times.

Thanks Mr. Hill and may you Rest In Peace.

That Little Ol' Band From Texas.

They were one of the real rock bands that put MTV on the dial.

RIP Dusty!

I was lucky enough to see them last in 2018. He will be missed, but his last request was for the band to continue.

R.I.P. Brother

20180725_215439.jpg

Yesterday on the radio it was stated he had cut some tracks for a new album the band was going to complete. So there is more new music to come from Dusty and ZZ Top. :D

The band played on!!!  I heard a DJ on XM radio, Monday, announce that Top played a concert over the weekend and used Dusty’s guitar tech as bass player.  Billy said that they were doing what Dusty had wanted. 

Archived