SASS Wire Forum

top country in EU for weapons/ammo production

Wow!! I thought it would have been Italy followed by Germany! :o

The key would be finding out what Top Countries in Weapons and Ammunition Production Value means.  It is not explained in the site the link takes you to.  The UK, which was part of the EU when the data was collected, produces very, very few consumer firearms.  I'm inclined to believe it means what Sixgun Sheraton suggested.  It includes military weapons for the armed forces and for export.

8 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

The key would be finding out what Top Countries in Weapons and Ammunition Production Value means.  It is not explained in the site the link takes you to.  The UK, which was part of the EU when the data was collected, produces very, very few consumer firearms.  I'm inclined to believe it means what Sixgun Sheraton suggested.  It includes military weapons for the armed forces and for export.

The units are Million Euros.  My guess this covers only small arms & ammo for same.

The UK is listed as 3,253 millions.  That's 3.253 Billion dollars.  The question isn't whether the number is in Euros of Pesos it is what was sold to make up that number.  It is hard to believe that the UK has 3 billion plus in sales to its citizens.

It would be interesting to see where CZ comes in, strictly for ammo/powder production.
The Shooters World powders (Clean Shot, Buffalo Rifle, et al) are Explosia/Lovex powders made in CZ.

Since CZ has a plant in Arkansas and has purchased Colt the U.S. made guns will show up in the annual report of gun production.  As far as powder production I have not seen any good data on the amount of powder produced by foreign factories.

Archived