SASS Wire Forum

Safe combination

Alibi Cole, SASS #56001

Have medically confirmed memory issues.  Went downstairs to get my dove gun out of my Liberty Fatboy safe...couldn't remember the combination.  Would any of you cowpokes have the same model:  Liberty Fatboy Home Defender HD-200 safe and could post a picture of the safe key?  I have several keys to "something", hoping maybe one of them fits my safe.  Thanks in advance  Alibi

This doesn't help you at this time, but for certain reasons, my safe combo is kept by a friend

in another city and I keep HIS safe combo in my safe..... for the same reasons.

If you know someone you feel is that trustworthy, let him/her keep your combo..... just in case.

..........Widder

I just write the number in my address book.  Maybe hidden as an address or phone number.  GW

Cole, call Liberty and they can help you with forgotten safe codes.  Give them the model and serial number …

your wasting your time posting on the Wire, because no one can help 

https://www.libertysafe.com/pages/best-customer-service-in-the-safe-industry  

• Helping you get in your safe if you’ve forgotten your combination

5 hours ago, Alibi Cole, SASS #56001 said:

Have medically confirmed memory issues.  Went downstairs to get my dove gun out of my Liberty Fatboy safe...couldn't remember the combination.  Would any of you cowpokes have the same model:  Liberty Fatboy Home Defender HD-200 safe and could post a picture of the safe key?  I have several keys to "something", hoping maybe one of them fits my safe.  Thanks in advance  Alibi

Are you asking about the backup key for an electronic key pad?  If so it should be a fairly long key like the one in this link.

https://mbausa.com/omega-redundant-swingbolt-key-lock-package-w-chrome-keypad-left-hand/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgcfo2IGG8gIVw4BbCh0XgAsEEAsYBCABEgIHt_D_BwE

4 hours ago, Alibi Cole, SASS #56001 said:

I think I would avoid posting a picture of my safe key anywhere on the Internet.  One more piece of data in the various private and government databases.   

2 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

I think I would avoid posting a picture of my safe key anywhere on the Internet.  One more piece of data in the various private and government databases.   

Might consider using private message.

16 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Have you simply contacted Liberty?

Phantom

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

6 hours ago, John Boy said:

Cole, call Liberty and they can help you with forgotten safe codes.  Give them the model and serial number …

your wasting your time posting on the Wire, because no one can help 

https://www.libertysafe.com/pages/best-customer-service-in-the-safe-industry  

• Helping you get in your safe if you’ve forgotten your combination

I have a 20 year old Liberty safe with a Sargent & Greenleaf mechanical lock.  The model & serial no. are located on the side of the door; therefore, is not exposed when door is closed.

2 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

IF you can't get it open call a professional. They'll charge a lot less than what it'll cost to buy a new safe.

Have you seen the safe that is referenced?

Phantom

21 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

This doesn't help you at this time, but for certain reasons, my safe combo is kept by a friend

in another city and I keep HIS safe combo in my safe..... for the same reasons.

If you know someone you feel is that trustworthy, let him/her keep your combo..... just in case.

..........Widder

I got mine written down and hidden near the safe and yes I know where it is. Plus my two sons have the combination so when I croak they can get in it. They're pretty good about keeping stuff like that on their phones, I-Pads etc. 

Sure hope Cole doesn’t have the manual locked up in the safe with the serial and code written on it. If so, his best bet is call a locksmith

And when he finally gets the code, if digital … might want to get a tattoo 

Update on Alibi's safe crisis.  He got in.  Seems like it was a low battery issue.  I think he's feeling a little silly, but it only cost him the price of a battery, or two.  He says he's gonna have the combination tattooed on his wife's behind.  :blink:  "Bend over, honey.  I need to get into the safe."  :lol:

Angus

My safe combo is the same as the serial # on my Empire 2' level. So long as I don't lose the level I'm good!

21 replies (including this one) and only July Smith provided the requested picture.   

And us men claim women talk a lot....

50 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

21 replies (including this one) and only July Smith provided the requested picture.   

And us men claim women talk a lot....

And the OP hasn't been on since his first post.

OLG 

6 hours ago, Happy Jack, SASS #20451 said:

Get a mechanical lock safe !!!   Set combo to something you can remember like:    38-24-36  :D 

I prefer mechanical locks, but I have not seen one for sale around here for years.

7 hours ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

Update on Alibi's safe crisis.  He got in.  Seems like it was a low battery issue.  I think he's feeling a little silly, but it only cost him the price of a battery, or two.  He says he's gonna have the combination tattooed on his wife's behind.  :blink:  "Bend over, honey.  I need to get into the safe."  :lol:

Angus

TY!

I missed seeing this post.

OLG 

2 hours ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

How do you do that?  I didn't know I could change the combo from the original setting.

Angus

My LG lock combo has "drifted" over the years, e.g. I have to over rotate a little on each number to get it to open. I contacted the safe manufacturer about this and they sent me an LG tool and instructions on how to reset the lock. They also stated they have a video on Youtube that demonstrates how to do it which I haven't watched yet.

12 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

My LG lock combo has "drifted" over the years, e.g. I have to over rotate a little on each number to get it to open. I contacted the safe manufacturer about this and they sent me an LG tool and instructions on how to reset the lock. They also stated they have a video on Youtube that demonstrates how to do it which I haven't watched yet.

Mine has drifted also, when it starts getting hard to open I have to experiment about a half number each way till I find the change. I was told "it's not a Roulette wheel don't spin it so hard" that causes the tumblers to hit each other and move.

If you change your combo, lock the lock with the door open and make sure it works a few time before closing it.

I had a moment of panic a couple of years ago when I went to get into my safe and the combination didn't work.  Spent the next few nights 'fiddling' with the combination lock, going +1, -1 on each number in turn, then +2, -2, etc.  After about three nights of fiddling, I got a 'click' and it opened.

Turns out that over time I bent the pawl that engages the tumblers, so I disassembled the lock, cleaned it, lubed it, bent the pawl straight and put it back together.

I then spent the next week periodically locking and unlocking the door (with it standing open) until I was confident that the repair would stick and then and only then did I lock the safe with the door closed.

I too have the combination written down and secured where my wife can find it if something happens to me, so she can get into the safe.  I only hope she doesn't sell the guns for what I've told her I paid for them...:D

17 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Read the instructions that come with the lock.  :huh:

OLG 

:blink::blink:  Geez, the safe's 30 years old.  I don't even remember getting instructions beyond how to open the lock.  If I did I don't remember saving them.  If I did I have no idea where I put them.  :lol:

Angus

55 minutes ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

:blink::blink:  Geez, the safe's 30 years old.  I don't even remember getting instructions beyond how to open the lock.  If I did I don't remember saving them.  If I did I have no idea where I put them.  :lol:

Angus

Then you'll never remember the new combination either :P :lol:

OLG 

Archived