SASS Wire Forum

Rifle Butt Covers that convert to flat SG style?

July Smith

Looking for recommendations on the rifle butt covers that convert the curved rifle butt to a flat shotgun style.  I have seen covers like this at local matches but have failed to ask who makes them. 

Model 73W-C2C-SPECIAL-SG (Straight Grip Crescent to Carbine): Roy has specially designed and developed this special stock cover to easily convert your Uberti 66 or 73 Full Crescent Straight Grip style stock to a Carbine style stock. This stock cover includes a rubber recoil pad insert that fits firmly in place without the need of any adhesives. Price for any color is $195.00. There is no need to cut your expensive crescent style stock, order Roy's model 73W-C2C-SPECIAL stock cover today

gunstockcover.com  John Kleider He is in Michigan and does a very nice job. Have 2 of his.

5 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

Model 73W-C2C-SPECIAL-SG (Straight Grip Crescent to Carbine): Roy has specially designed and developed this special stock cover to easily convert your Uberti 66 or 73 Full Crescent Straight Grip style stock to a Carbine style stock. This stock cover includes a rubber recoil pad insert that fits firmly in place without the need of any adhesives. Price for any color is $195.00. There is no need to cut your expensive crescent style stock, order Roy's model 73W-C2C-SPECIAL stock cover today

Thank you for the prompt replies and links.  Hard to tell from the pictures, but is the rear portion of the cover suede leather to offer more traction?

4 minutes ago, a d said:

July,

You shooting this weekend at the 

texican rangers?

have a few cut off stocks on my rifles you might want to see!

AD

That's the plan!  I'll take a look, though at this time I don't really like the idea of cutting the stock.  I'm pretty burned out on sending guns and parts off and dealing with SASS gunsmiths turn around times.

11 minutes ago, July Smith said:

is the rear portion of the cover suede leather to offer more traction?

Yes it is. I've recently ordered one from Roy and it looks and feels great. I haven't shot it yet as my 73 rifle is currently disassembled...

Archived