SASS Wire Forum

It Ain't Easy Getting Old

Subdeacon Joe

35 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I dropped the mechanic's creeper on the floor.  Then I laid down on the creeper and rolled under the RV looking for a loose wire.  Rolled back out and lifted my legs up and then back down quickly to get my body torso up into a sitting position like I've always done.  Didn't work.  Like the gentleman in the youtube I hand to roll over on the floor first then use the RV bumper to get me back into a standing position.   I've come to the conclusion  that creeper must be defective.  :(

That was me yesterday, working on Half-Breed Pete's Jeep Liberty.  But I know what's coming, and keep a boat cushion handy.   ^_^

Unfortunately, it was 104 degrees outside... and after fifteen minutes in the sun, that cushion was a heck of a lot warmer than 104!!   :o

Who knew knees could be so sensitive to heat...   :huh:

Have not been to an out-of-state shoot since  late 2019.  Decided to go to the Western Regional.  Last month I woke up and my right arm was as big as a football bright red and so hot I could not touch.  Some sort of infection.  I can bend it now but the doc said it will take two to four more months to get back to normal if it ever does.  Still hurts but what the heck I'm going.  Motel reservations made and a room booked in the dog motel for Mr. Moto.  Well this morning I woke up and all I could see out of my right eye is a dense white fog.  Got an emergency appointment with the eye doc.  Something to do with the cataract surgery I had last year.  Getting some laser surgery next Tuesday morning which is when I am supposed to leave for the regional.  If it clears up I may still go.

17 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

No problem, although if I don't take my hat off it'll get knocked off during entrance/egress.  ^_^

When I bought my '02 Miata about six years ago, it had an almost new canvas top.  But someone had just done exactly that - sliced the hell out of it.  Two cuts, one 7" and one 13".  The PO had unfortunately effected a "field expedient repair" with duct tape.  Yuck!

Well, I was a mite reluctant to shell out a grand or more for a replacement at that time.  So, I removed the tape, and after studying the wounds, broke out the suturing instruments.  Closed the incisions, dressed them with black silicone, painted over the duct tape residue and Voila!  Didn't look half bad and six years later still doesn't leak a drop.  Perfectly functional.  Not as pretty as another new top, but the top-up aesthetics weren't worth the $$.

After sutures, before silicone and paint:  :(

951307631_Fronkenshteen1.thumb.jpg.41e7d984afd799b7cdb5b3414df09356.jpg

A sail repair kit is your friend when your ride sports a canvas top

Archived