SASS Wire Forum

Looking for brass bead

J.C. Smoke, SASS #22300

Brownells sells a kit, A drill bit, a tap and 2 beads    Just pick the size you want..  Think was $20      GW

8 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Same same thought ... I also prefer a bead that resembles a Door Knob.  SlixBead is your huckleberry.  Available from Badman Bullets.

Agree, I've been installing them since they first came out with them. They come in a couple sizes I believe they are .190 and .220.

J.M.

As a person who needed 8 pairs of glasses to get through the day because I do not have the ability to focus at various distances.

I had shooting glasses set up for 23" to see sights and 40' to look down and run.

Bifocal on top.

As far as my shotgun I used the side of the rib and the barrel .

It forms a nice V notch.

My gunsmith replace the bead that had gone missing.

I tried to shoot with the bead and after 2 stages, I hooked it on the edge of the unloading table and broke it off.

Unfortunately, my gunsmith was not only at the match he was at the unloading table when I did this.

From then on I used the barrel rib V notch.

My gunsmith didn't want to deal with removing the broken threads on my shotgun, he drilled it out and replace the bead with a 1/8" brass rod.

Cut and filed it round on top and it has been there ever since.

That was maybe 15 to 18 years ago.

I did not know about the glue on top part but with not bead sticking up on my rib, it wouldn't have worked for me.

4 hours ago, Cliff Hanger #3720LR said:

As a person who needed 8 pairs of glasses to get through the day because I do not have the ability to focus at various distances.

I had shooting glasses set up for 23" to see sights and 40' to look down and run.

Bifocal on top.

As far as my shotgun I used the side of the rib and the barrel .

It forms a nice V notch.

My gunsmith replace the bead that had gone missing.

I tried to shoot with the bead and after 2 stages, I hooked it on the edge of the unloading table and broke it off.

Unfortunately, my gunsmith was not only at the match he was at the unloading table when I did this.

From then on I used the barrel rib V notch.

My gunsmith didn't want to deal with removing the broken threads on my shotgun, he drilled it out and replace the bead with a 1/8" brass rod.

Cut and filed it round on top and it has been there ever since.

That was maybe 15 to 18 years ago.

I did not know about the glue on top part but with not bead sticking up on my rib, it wouldn't have worked for me.

I got my last set of glasses set up as tri-focals with the center section set up for about 30" so it works for handguns and rifle sights. Been thrilled with how well it has worked.

16 hours ago, KingSnake said:

Bronc sells this Big Bead front sight  I’ve had  on my SKB for a year now. I like it. 

15E34E8B-00D3-40F9-A914-23E79F37D9C5.jpeg

How does the front sight come off? Threaded or pressed in on the SKB?

2 hours ago, Major E A Sterner #12916 said:

How does the front sight come off? Threaded or pressed in on the SKB?

It’s a 6-48 thread. 

3 hours ago, KingSnake said:

It’s a 6-48 thread. 

Thanks

The .190" and .220" SliX-Beads from SlixPrings are the std  6-48 thread as well.

Ol'  #4

Archived