SASS Wire Forum

Hot spot headline

Trigger Mike

The delta variant headline is that a county next to mine is considered a HOTSPOT.  I decided to look at the state website and low and behold their total number of cases in 18 months is 664.  4 more cases today than yesterday.   

That is about 9% of the county.  

The state is a running 9% infection rate across the state.  I tested the higher county that has 89,000 cases and my county with 760 cases and a few others and each one is running a round that same 9% infection rate.  We had 4 new cases in my county today and 8 in the bigger county on the other side of me with 27000 people.  The county with the walmart and lowes and most everything else.  

17 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

We'll all be back in lockdown come the fall. Count on it.

I hope not.  My poor little girl is still trying to get her face and in particuliar her nose skin to Recover from the damage the mask caused.  9 year Olds don't usually get it and according to John's Hopkins the only kids under 12 who died had underlying problems so healthy kids don't need to wear a mask.  

The CDC is now recommending face masks for every inside regardless of vaccination. :angry: Just heard it on the news!

A restaurant in Atlanta has all employees vaccinated but they still got the virus, so the news reported today they put out a sign, "no vaccine, no service".  

If the vaccine works then how did they get sick?  Since they did get sick, how do they know if a vaccinated person didn't give it to them?  

17 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

A restaurant in Atlanta has all employees vaccinated but they still got the virus, so the news reported today they put out a sign, "no vaccine, no service".  

If the vaccine works then how did they get sick?  Since they did get sick, how do they know if a vaccinated person didn't give it to them?  

The vaccine is only 80-90% effective like any other vaccine. 

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The vaccine is only 80-90% effective like any other vaccine. 

Same reason I don't get the flu vaccine, the variant is different than the vaccine targeted and flu shots mess me up.  I never do well with them and get more sick the years I get the flu shot than years I don't get the flu shot.  

7 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

Same reason I don't get the flu vaccine, the variant is different than the vaccine targeted and flu shots mess me up.  I never do well with them and get more sick the years I get the flu shot than years I don't get the flu shot.  

I get the flu shot every year, no side effects and no flu. I got the Pfizer 2 shot vaccine and no side effects and no COVID so far .

The Earth is trying to make  a  correction of the human population. Masks should  be banned and nature should take it's course.

If tis doesn't work we will have venomous disease infested giant mosquitos soon...

I am kidding, of course.

Here In Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, we have reached a high % of people vaccinated and we are now seeing much smaller incidents of COVID.

SWMBO, our son and myself have received our second shots of the Pfizer serum, with no ill effects.

We were anxious to receive the shots due to our age and general health.

We have had three deaths in our family due to COVID; my BIL and two cousins, all in LTC.

IMHO, the longer we have large numbers of people unvaccinated, the greater the risk of more COVID variants evolving from the original strain.

We know we have a very dangerous "D" variant that is becoming dominant, that evolved from the original virus.

We really don't need to see other variants.  

Face diapers have next to ZERO effect on infection rates.  For proof look at regression analysis of mask mandates vs. infection rates in UK & EU countries Aug through Nov 2020.  As senator Rand Paul told St. Fauci data shows that mask mandates is kabuki theater.

The significant no. of breakout infections (infections in the vaccinated) proves that the Moderna & Pfizer made a mistake when they claimed 95% in preventing COVID infection where J&J claimed 75% in preventing infection that required hospitalizations.  The mistake was not including a disclaimer that qualified the claim.  I.E. May be less effective in the future as the virus mutates.  In UK a couple of weeks ago they reported that 40% of their infections were in the vaxed & the virus was the delta mutation.

P.S. The misses & I got both Moderna shots in Feb & March.  We both had mild flue symptoms for 1-3 days.  My son is a captain in a two CA city fire department.  Prior to being promoted to captain he was a paramedic in the dept.  He says that in the two cities the breakout delta variant hospitalizations are 90+ year olds.

I respect and follow laws passed by Congress and my state legislature.  I am less likely to pay attention to “mandates” issued by executives such as governors and Presidents.  We fought a war 250 years ago to escape the rule of a king.  The Constitution must be aggravating to presidents and state governors who want to be kings.

Full disclosure: I am a Canadian.

That said, I keep recalling a line from a Tom Clancy book, wherein the hero, Jack Ryan, as President make the point: "The Constitution in not a suicide pact."

Those who spout "ignore it and it will go away" are causing people to die.  Those who spout that masks don't work, are causing people to die.  Those who quote bogus no scientific supported crap are causing people to die.

Your mask isn't to protect you.  It's to protect others from you.  The others who wear masks ARE protecting you.

I remember when the swine flu came just a few years ago under obama, and how some began to wear mask and the CDC and others kept telling everyone the mask are useless unless they are a N95 mask.  I bought a box of N95 mask for when it became necessary.  At the beginning of this virus faucci and the CDC and others said mask were useless unless N95, then they switched.  My son caught the virus while being around someone while wearing a mask and the sick person was also wearing a mask.  I was around that same sick person the same day without a mask and he without a mask at that time.  I never got it.  I was around my son who was running a fever and other symptoms for days and we were not wearing a mask and I never got it, nor did anyone else though we ate supper, watched tv in arms length without a mask while he was running a fever. People who wear a mask are not wearing them because they like me or care about me, no one cares about strangers that much.  those wearing the mask are doing so to try to save themselves from me, even though I am not sick.  

the percentage sick during this entire time in my state is 9% (actually just over 8% )  .  7% sick in my county.  Even if 25% were sick I doubt I'd start wearing a N95 mask.  At 9% I don't consider it an emergency.  Being Ive been around those who were symptomatic and yet stayed healthy, perhaps I need not worry about it.  I make it a point to hang out with those who have already had the virus, they should be safe from me and I should be safe from them since their immunity last longer than the vaccine which pfizer says only last 6 months, but those with the virus have tested still strong immunity well after that.  

On 7/28/2021 at 9:52 PM, J-BAR #18287 said:

The Constitution must be aggravating to presidents and state governors who want to be kings DICTATORS.

Fixed it for you..

Archived