SASS Wire Forum

Another reason why analog is better than digital

Alpo

You're talking to someone on the telephone. On a good old-fashioned bakelite landline. And you are annoyed. They have aggravated you to no end. And you slam that receiver down on the hook. And the guy on the other end hears CLICK!!! He knows you're upset.

But with a new, digital smartphone, no matter how hard you stab that hangup button with your finger, all the guy on the other end hears is boop, and a little message pops up that says "call disconnected".

It just ain't the same.

Any thing handy to slam on the table top will do.

A book, a pair of scissors, a glass, a cup, a ruler or just about anything within reach.

Slam it down a couple of time with the cell phone close and your point will be conveyed.

Or a few choice words will do.

Talkin' on the 'Ameche'.  (Actor Don Ameche portrayed Alexander Graham Bell in a movie. My uncle used to refer to the telephone by that name! :lol: )  "Go ahead, it's your nickel!"  And I can remember when I was a little kid, pay phones did take a nickel.  Soon went to a dime, then a quarter! 

Develop a moaning scream of exasperation.  When necessary, use it just prior to hanging up.  Do not attempt to improvise an effective scream while engaged in the conversation.  Prior preparation is the key.

59 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I heard he had to quit singing that in concert, because people in the audience kept throwing quarters to him.

Chris LeDoux had a song titled 'Copenhagen'. Guess what they threw at the stage when he sang that song. I saw it happen twice in concerts. :D

Archived