SASS Wire Forum

7 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

I REALLY need help with my shotgun.  But my wife is having both knees replaced the week before the shoot, so I probably won't be able to attend.  I live about 90 minutes from Wartrace, so maybe one of my kids can care for my wife long enough for me to shoot the main match, but I probably won't have time to do any of the extra activities.

Jake, while I can't even begin to keep up with Widder or Missouri Lefty I know some of the fundamentals and I'd be happy to work with you sometime. Dryfire practice with dummy rounds can help providing you are practicing the correct things. 

Randy

What entertainment, wish I could be there just fir this class. Reunion takes priority.

On 7/27/2021 at 2:26 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Diamond Jake,

Why style SG do you shoot?

..........Widder

I have 2 SxS: Stoeger Coach and TTN Hammer.  The TTN fits me so much better than the Stoeger; just the right drop in the stock that the bead lines up perfectly.  The Stoeger I have to really bear down on my cheek weld, and frequently miss high.

I've improved with practice, but in matches I still tend to drop shells on the floor or forget to cock the hammers.  I'd probably do better to just use the TTN exclusively so the hammer cocking becomes natural.

Jake,

Lefty is a darn good SxS and Hammer Double shooter.

He will cover some good areas, PLUS, there will be some areas we cover that

can help all the SG styles that folks use.

Also, I have attached a good video from a top shooter name Deadeye Dillard.

He has made numerous videos and placed on YouTube that help in a lot of areas

of Cowboy shooting.     

Looking forward to seeing you at Wartrace in October.   Hope you enjoy the

video and that it can help.

..........Widder

Kitty is trying to transition to a 97 and I just need help in general so we'll both be there and will definitely add to the pot for a fine cause.

Looking forward to another great match.

I can't speak for Lefty, but I plan to be there on Side Match day (Thursday) and

I'm not planning to get involved in the SG side match this year.

Soooooooooooo, if anyone needs any personal time with the 97, I'll be glad to help

any way I can.

I enjoy helping out when possible.   And again.... No Charge and No Gratuity accepted.

..........Widder

Archived