SASS Wire Forum

Wtb beretta 12 gauge over/under

I am looking for a beretta 12 gauge over/under.  I prefer 30 or 32 inch barrel.  My children are joining the school shotgun team this year.  Both of my sons like the beretta we have now but sometimes shoot together so I need a second one.  They shoot, skeet, trap as well as sporting clays. 

Good choice and good luck.  I'm a big fan of Beretta O/U's.  Sorry I don't have one for sale.  Do you have an idea what model you're looking for?

Since they shoot Skeet, Trap and Sporting Clays they may eventually want a shotgun dedicated for each.  Skeet guns and Trap guns are set up differently and I imagine Sporting Clays guns are also different from the Skeet and Trap models.  I would hope their coach has already discussed this in a least some small detail.

What is the model they are currently using?  Skeet, Trap, Sporting Clays or Field (Hunting) model?  If it's a Skeet gun you may want to buy a Trap gun or vice versa.   On a skeet field it's pretty easy, if not ideal, to share a gun when they shoot together.  On a trap field is it much more awkward to share a gun and probably will not be allowed except during practice with a very understanding squad.

A "dedicated" Trap or Skeet model might also give them the chance to find out if a model dedicated to one sport or the other helps or hinders their scores.

If they are showing a preference towards concentrating on one event or the other it might make the decision for the new gun easier.  I shoot both Trap and Skeet and have a different gun for each (Beretta O/Us).  I don't shoot Sporting Clays mainly because it is so much more expensive than either Trap or Skeet.  Neither of those are exactly inexpensive anymore, either.

Good on you and them for getting into the shotgun sports.  I wish I had had that chance at a younger age.  I didn't step on to a real skeet or trap field until I got to college.

Angus

Right now they use the beretta 686 silver pigeon.  The coach recommends one gun only.  Matter of fact, last year I'd let them experiment with different guns to see what works and the coach would complain.  He'd yell "one gun".  I told them if they were any good, any gun should work.  I had even bought a benelli but they complained it kicked too much and was hard to shoot.  The other day I took it and shot at some clays and hit fairly well with it and told them to stop crying.  Told them I hadn't shot clays in 3 decades and did fine with it.  Told them I took a police class on shotgun and shot skeet with a pump shotgun.  

They seem to favor a 32 inch barrel.  I'm willing to look at all models.  

Archived