SASS Wire Forum

WTS or WTT Model 2 Maynard Civil War Carbine with Accessories

I am no longer skirmishing with the N-SSA, so I'm letting go of some of my Civil War Arms. This was my Skirmish Carbine, a Maynard Model 2 Carbine in excellent shape. Has a John Bly Jensco barrel, tight action and flashole is not eroded. It is a .50 caliber. I'll include a two cavity aluminum Tennessee Bullet Mold, 100 (+/-) pieces of reduced capacity brass cases and 50+ plastic cases. Has a rear peep sight and is fully sighted in for 50 and 100 yards targets. I'll post pictures this evening after work.

I'm looking for a 44-40 caliber lever action rifle to match my main match pistols. Open to Henry, 1866, 1873, 1892, Marlin 1894 and Pedersoli Lightning pump. Only interested in 44-40. Asking $1750 + shipping for the Maynard. Let me know what you might be willing to part with. 

Nice!!  You could do what I do with my Burnside and wife's Repro Maynard, and keep it for Plainsman side matches.  You'll be slow, but no one will touch you on "Style Points"!  Also, the "What is that?" and "Can I?" when asked if they want to shoot it, more than makes up for the slow times.:D

Former Portsmouth Light Artillery 

Archived