SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN 2022

Major Art Tillery

On 4/3/2022 at 12:26 PM, Major Art Tillery said:

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN DINNER. 6PM AT IKE'S PLACE BAR AND GRILL

https://www.facebook.com/Ikesplaceabilene/

https://g.co/kgs/3qxps4

JUST NEED AN IDEA OF NUMBERS TO MAKE SURE THEY CAN HANDLE IT.

I'll be there.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 pages!!!!!!! :D

I am going to try and make the dinner also.

Jax T

Probably won't make dinner. Helping the wife with her booth when I am not shooting. Her first time vending so trying to be supportive

Major

Whats the weather like there in May.Need to bring any winter clothes.Snow shoes or De-Icer??

Largo

5 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Major

Whats the weather like there in May.Need to bring any winter clothes.Snow shoes or De-Icer??

Largo

Shouldn't need to but shouldn't is a conditional word. Normally Kansas is out of Winter by May. Might want to bring a pair of gloves and a jacket just in case and of course a rain slicker.

If anything you will have some wind to contend with so you might want to make sure your hat has a stampede string.

But I'm thinking Flint Hills Dawg and Major Art Tillery have ordered perfect weather for this match. :D

Thanks Dan.I'll bring extra's.Shot my Henry for the first time today.Last 2 stages with BP.Gotta learn that Henry Hop.

Will get to shoot 1 more match here befor heading your way.

Largo

14 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Major

Largo

Sound like Dan has gotten your question answered.  Hopefully we don't have any freak cold weather.  But like he mentioned, may need a jacket and some gloves.. night and early morning may be chilly.

kinda bummed timing isn't going to work out for this one.  Between mother's day and my daughter's birthday I didn't feel right being away or dragging my family along for the ride.  We  are however looking at Battle for Baldknobber's ridge for my birthday this year.  It's about a week to early for me to register as a Wrangler however :D

Some of the "Henrys" from last time around.

image000000(8).jpg

9 hours ago, El CupAJoe said:

kinda bummed timing isn't going to work out for this one.  Between mother's day and my daughter's birthday I didn't feel right being away or dragging my family along for the ride.  We  are however looking at Battle for Baldknobber's ridge for my birthday this year.  It's about a week to early for me to register as a Wrangler however :D

Catch ya next time!

Folks we ended up with 29 shooting classic.  Soooo dang close to my goal... Perhaps next year.  

FYI I plan to take lots of pictures, as I hope to write up an article for the Chronicle after this event.   The article will feature the Classic Cowboy Showdown and Throwdown.  Hope to bring lots of interest to these Classic events for 2023.

Had another person that wanted to go but ended up on Federal Jury duty in Colo. & couldn't talk his way out of it.

Largo

58 minutes ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Had another person that wanted to go but ended up on Federal Jury duty in Colo. & couldn't talk his way out of it.

Largo

Darn it... Oh well that is the way it goes.  Glad you can make it yourself Largo.

20 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Hope I got enough PETROL money saved back.

Largo

Hope so... $3.77 around here

If any of my fellow classics are needing new bandannas, my better half at her "Cowboy and Country" vendor booth is bringing a ton in all different designs at reasonable prices.....sorry. Had to make a plug for my sweety. She has other stuff too, but that part is geared toward us

In order to shoot the match you really only need to worry about getting here. :D

9 hours ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

Count me in for dinner Major!

Count you in for the Henry competition too? You're welcome to borrow mine. :D

1 minute ago, Dantankerous said:

Count you in for the Henry competition too? You're welcome to borrow mine. :D

Lol!! You have seen the train wrecks I get into trying to transition into CC, throw in a Henry hop and that would be fun to watch! (For you!) thanks for the offer though, I think!

I did get my 44’s back from Snake Oil George yesterday so guess what I’m doing today??

On 4/18/2022 at 7:12 AM, Silver Creek Jack said:

Lol!! You have seen the train wrecks I get into trying to transition into CC, throw in a Henry hop and that would be fun to watch! (For you!) thanks for the offer though, I think!

I did get my 44’s back from Snake Oil George yesterday so guess what I’m doing today??

Ever watch my little brother shoot his Henry? Little feller is smooth and he doesn't do the Henry hop. AND he don't use "the stick" neither. He's just a Henry natural. Doggone millenials. :blink:

Archived