SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN 2022

Major Art Tillery

6 hours ago, Tucker McNeely said:

Cap and ball is allowed in any category.  For me it will be decided upon cap availability.  ymmv.  

True.  I have enough caps to last till next May, I think.  Shooting Frontiersman till then.  

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Parson Remington said:

Okay, Major, I'll shoot Classic.  Now I have a question and a plea. 

Question - do I shoot it cap and ball, smokeless or cartridge BP?  Decisions, decisions.

Plea - you and HUD need to talk with K-lynn.  I have failed to convince her, but given your powers of persuasion you two have a chance. 

Huh?

3 minutes ago, Parson Remington said:

Too many "Hud"s around these parts.  Out here we have "High Plains Hud" who shoots Classic.

Apparently. Out HERE, we got Hud, I shoot CLASSIC COWBOY also. 

54 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Did you figure anything out for a Classic Cowboy Competition out your way?

I DID. Bear trap is having the California state championship next year, at the Cajon Cowboys. I talked to him, he said he tried to contact you, did he not? Let me know. Thanks

48 minutes ago, hud said:

I DID. Bear trap is having the California state championship next year, at the Cajon Cowboys. I talked to him, he said he tried to contact you, did he not? Let me know. Thanks

Yep he did, I got back with him.  Hope something can be worked out.

2 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Yep he did, I got back with him.  Hope something can be worked out.

Me too, that would be great. Thanks again

ENTRY FORM CAN BE FOUND AT LINK BELOW!  GET THEM TURNED IN ASAP... IT HELPS WITH PLANNING OF THE EVENT.

http://www.butterfieldgulch.com/matchinfo.html

LOVE TO SEE YOU THERE!  

MAKE A NOTE ON FORM IF SHOOTING Classic BLACK POWDER or Classic SENIOR

6 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Let's Play Cowboy!   Get signed up!

Headed there now, it will be my first match as a classic cowboy!

My entry is in!!

Jax T

Remember folks, Currently there will be a buckle for top Classic Cowboy and Top Senior (60 and up) Classic Cowboy.

Also will be some custom conchos as well!

If anybody wants to help by donating for an award, just let me know!

Thank you Everyone!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definitely gonna be there. Just have to take care of a few bills to free up some gold dust to send you

• 4 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentlemen, cowboys and cowgirls.... Gather around and let me tell you about the greatest match to ever be put together!  SIEGE AT CLARK'S STATION!  Featuring the 2022 Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown!  Get them entries in time is running out!

34 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, cowboys and cowgirls.... Gather around and let me tell you about the greatest match to ever be put together!  SIEGE AT CLARK'S STATION!  Featuring the 2022 Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown!  Get them entries in time is running out!

is it common to not have frontiersman at the KS State championships? Just curious.  If I was signing up for a category today, It would probably be duelist as I haven't decided if I want to shoot my long guns in BP, but I don't see a need to put brass in my sixguns :D

image.png.decf7f9948d3649465f0ce1c9c16ba12.png

30 minutes ago, El CupAJoe said:

is it common to not have frontiersman at the KS State championships? Just curious.  If I was signing up for a category today, It would probably be duelist as I haven't decided if I want to shoot my long guns in BP, but I don't see a need to put brass in my sixguns :D

Hmmm ya know let me check on the pard.. will get back with you.

34 minutes ago, El CupAJoe said:

Yes we will be offering Frontiersman, like all categories, we must have at least three shooting in that category.

1 hour ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Yes we will be offering Frontiersman, like all categories, we must have at least three shooting in that category.

Your are talking for the main match, correct. Cap and ball can be shot in Classic if he wanted to shoot that category. :ph34r:

23 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Your are talking for the main match, correct. Cap and ball can be shot in Classic if he wanted to shoot that category. :ph34r:

Yes, that is correct sir!   

Someday, I want to try that in Classic!

• 4 weeks later...

My entry is in the mail.Gonna have to leave early.750 miles.Hope I get my Henry by then.Gonna bring Black Powder ammo too.

Largo

6 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

My entry is in the mail.Gonna have to leave early.750 miles.Hope I get my Henry by then.Gonna bring Black Powder ammo too.

Largo

Great!! It will be good having you joining us!

On 12/13/2021 at 2:19 PM, Major Art Tillery said:

It should be noted that the Siege at Clark's station is also the 2022 Kansas state championship

1 hour ago, Flinthills Dawg said:

It should be noted that the Siege at Clark's station is also the 2022 Kansas state championship

It should also be noted that Flint Hills Dawg is a hell of a nice guy and a great all around cowboy who puts on a most excellent CAS match. :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Folks... Here is another great reason to get signed up for this Match...

The Butterfield Gulch Gang will have a Henry Golden Boy 22 rifle with a Widder soft stroke and Slater trigger job done to it for a raffle!!!! If you have never felt a widder Henry they are smooooth as silk!!!

Entry form is filled out and in an envelope with the check that will go in the mail tomorrow (Tuesday).  :D   I qualify for Senior Classic Cowboy :P plus I will be shooting smokie stuff. :ph34r:

Will make my lodging reservations this week.  Looks like the Ike Museum is open but limited to online ticket purchased ahead of time so I will do that also.  Unfortunately their website shows the gift shop and his boyhood home are both still closed to the public.  Maybe that will change by May.

Scout

Archived