SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN 2022

Major Art Tillery

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, John Boy said:

Major, check out the SASS Events Wire at the top of the Wire page 

Yep I know about it.  Very few look there.  I posted this event on there before and only engaged in two conversation about it, so I post where I get the most engagement.

On 8/5/2021 at 1:45 PM, Major Art Tillery said:

Great!  I will add you to the list!  Where about are you from, don't think we have shot together?   Be great to have you join us!

I am from moyie springs, Idaho.   I am brand new to SASS 

1 hour ago, Wileymontana said:

I am from moyie springs, Idaho.   I am brand new to SASS 

Well welcome to the most fun you can have!  And if your shooting classic, well you have chosen the best category too!

I am still gathering all the gear that i need. Classic cowboy is what i am interested in.   I am looking for model 97 12 Gauge  and a few other things.  

12 minutes ago, Wileymontana said:

I am still gathering all the gear that i need. Classic cowboy is what i am interested in.   I am looking for model 97 12 Gauge  and a few other things.  

You do know that a model 97 cannot be used shooting CC, right?  Must be a hammered double or an 87 lever shotgun.

2 hours ago, Wileymontana said:

Classic is a hoot, got any questions ask away, lots of folks on the wire full of info.  Also if you have Facebook check out (Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown) page, lots of pictures from past Showdowns.

No 97 in classic sadly, but an 87 lever gun or hammered sxs is good to go.   I know several that use a CZ Hammered coach.

2 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

You do know that a model 97 cannot be used shooting CC, right?  Must be a hammered double or an 87 lever shotgun.

Im super new and didnt know that.  But ill need it for the open stuff

39 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Heck yeah, keep your options open and have some fun playing the game!

I have to travel a ways away  to go shoot. But once i have a few years i know i could get a group going up here in north idaho

4 hours ago, Wileymontana said:

I have to travel a ways away  to go shoot. But once i have a few years i know i could get a group going up here in north idaho

Yep get different firearms and try out all the categories you are eligable for and have fun.  Make sure you read the rule book to see all the options available to you.  Welcome to Cowboy Action Shooting!!!

21 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Imagine I will see you in Parker in a couple of months?

Can't miss Parker! I will see you there...

3 hours ago, hud said:

Sure would like to see a match a LITTLE farther west take this up. We have a few CC shooters out here too....

Would be cool! But I just have had no offers to come out that way ... yet... 

It also depends on if I can get time off to go to certain matches.  I do try to bring it back to my home club every other year, or at least to Kansas. It is being held with my home club this year, next year it will be "on the trail" somewhere. But we shall see what the future holds, ya just never know!

21 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Would be cool! But I just have had no offers to come out that way ... yet... 

It also depends on if I can get time off to go to certain matches.  I do try to bring it back to my home club every other year, or at least to Kansas. It is being held with my home club this year, next year it will be "on the trail" somewhere. But we shall see what the future holds, ya just never know!

4 hours ago, hud said:

Sure would like to see a match a LITTLE farther west take this up. We have a few CC shooters out here too....

Some club out west just needs to make an offer to the Major to hold it at their clubs annual or state match and then maybe he can arrange that to happen.

And it will be a grand occasion!

(No pressure, Major. :D)

• 2 weeks later...

Since I’m about the only Classic Cowboy up here in the PNW, I may have to come down! Any hotels nearby?

4 hours ago, BandAid said:

Since I’m about the only Classic Cowboy up here in the PNW, I may have to come down! Any hotels nearby?

You bet!  Super 8 is a great one in Abilene, Ks.   Several shooters will stay there...   

Okay, Major, I'll shoot Classic.  Now I have a question and a plea. 

Question - do I shoot it cap and ball, smokeless or cartridge BP?  Decisions, decisions.

Plea - you and HUD need to talk with K-lynn.  I have failed to convince her, but given your powers of persuasion you two have a chance. 

7 minutes ago, Parson Remington said:

Question - do I shoot it cap and ball, smokeless or cartridge BP?  Decisions, decisions.

Plea - you and HUD need to talk with K-lynn.  I have failed to convince her, but given your powers of persuasion you two have a chance. 

Great news!  I will add you to the list!  Glad to have ya join us.

I will try my best to persuade K-lynn, will you folks be at Parker?

1 hour ago, Parson Remington said:

Cap and ball is allowed in any category.  For me it will be decided upon cap availability.  ymmv.  

7 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Great news!  I will add you to the list!  Glad to have ya join us.

I will try my best to persuade K-lynn, will you folks be at Parker?

Yep.  

Archived