SASS Wire Forum

Air Rifle

Subdeacon Joe

Pre Charged Pneumatic...PCP

VERY effective. Throws a .22 cal 19 grain projectile at 1250 FPS.

Switch barrels and throw bolts at 350 FPS.

7D2FA3C8-70F7-4EAF-B3C1-9DC25729D929.jpeg

There's no lever on the dang thing. How do the load it?:P

Galashina's rifle needs a spirit level.  Her form appears off... unless there's a strange camera angle, she's holding her rifle at about an 8 degree cant.  :huh:

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Galashina's rifle needs a spirit level.  Her form appears off... unless there's a strange camera angle, she's holding her rifle at about an 8 degree cant.  :huh:

It looks like her sights are offset, too.  If her form is "off" it seems to work pretty well for her.   Got her into the Olympics,  got her into the final 8, got her the silver.  Looks like both slapped the trigger on the last shot. 

With conventional firearms highly controlled in many countries and the problems of having large shooting range with ever-encroaching populations, air guns and archery are much more common and advanced in other nations.  I can kill an hour or more on the pyramydair website.

Outdoor Channel has a show called American Airgunner Challenge on Wednesday night.    Very interesting to see some of the different thins they offer    GW

When we got hooked up 40 years ago, my bride won the Backyard Air Rifle Olympics.
This is the one where you set up photos of your ex-husband, then shoot out the eyes.
I attribute her excellent marksmanship to a superior amount of lower-end ballast for stability.

Backyard Olympics are now illegal in Sacramento County... no BB or air rifles permitted.
Pity...

I still have my FWB #2 CO2 pistol. Amazing is the best description I can come up with.   And this pistol is what they used 40 yrs ago       GW

So does anyone know what is the reasoning behind the ear plugs? The report is minimal, well below the OSHA requirements.

On 7/24/2021 at 4:47 PM, Derringer Dan said:

Pre Charged Pneumatic...PCP

VERY effective. Throws a .22 cal 19 grain projectile at 1250 FPS.

Switch barrels and throw bolts at 350 FPS.

7D2FA3C8-70F7-4EAF-B3C1-9DC25729D929.jpeg

Details Man! We need details! Who makes it? What model? How much? etc... :D

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Details Man! We need details! Who makes it? What model? How much? etc... :D

Ha. B) It’s a FX Crown Continuum available with your choice of 177, 22, 25 or 30 cal barrels.I say barrels because with the Continuum you get 2 fitted to the case. A 380mm for pest/hunting and a mammoth 700mm for benchresting. The basic setup goes for about $1800. I have added the arrow kit ($200 when you can get ’em) which comes with a 30 cal barrel, 4 carbon fiber bolts and the corresponding pellet probe. I milled the Delrin to secure 7 bolts total with the barrel. They are made in Sweden. The best part is that they are shipped to your door. Least favorite part is having to fill the supply tank as many dive shops don’t want to fill to capacity- 250 BAR (+/- 3600 psi). The Hawke scopes are REALLY nice and I love the built in holdovers for the bolt work. Chrono’d the bolts, dialed in the reticle, and have verified it out to 50 yards. The mechanical broadheads are quite nasty :ph34r:

Got all the fun stuff from Utah Airguns. Good folks.

The pic shows my first attempt of trying a red dot for the bolts, didn’t work so bit the bullet and bought the 2nd Hawke that is specific for crossbows.

On 7/24/2021 at 6:55 PM, Tom Bullweed said:

With conventional firearms highly controlled in many countries and the problems of having large shooting range with ever-encroaching populations, air guns and archery are much more common and advanced in other nations.  I can kill an hour or more on the pyramydair website.

I'm into airgun replicas that mimic real firearms. I just picked up a Thompson M1 replica that even has a full-auto switch. Since I'm not allowed to have the real thing in my state this will have to suffice. Of course I'm not allowed to shoot even BB guns in my neighborhood, but I figure as long as I'm inside and the windows are shut nobody's ever gonna know.

2 hours ago, Derringer Dan said:

So does anyone know what is the reasoning behind the ear plugs? The report is minimal, well below the OSHA requirements.

These matches are shot in front of a live audience with an announcer.  The ear plugs keep out distractions. 

On 7/24/2021 at 8:01 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Many shooters hold their rifle at a cant. As long as it is a consistent tilt, and the range never changes, it is a non-issue. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

These matches are shot in front of a live audience with an announcer.  The ear plugs keep out distractions. 

When I first noticed the Chinese girl was wearing plugs (Russian girls long hair prevented me from seeing whether she was or not) I was laughing to myself about ear protection from the terrible noise of that "poof" air gun.

Then I got to thinking about the noise of the crowd. Kind of like the defending team in Little League baseball, and their chatter - "hey batter batter hey batter batter hey batter batter SWING BATTER!!!" It can throw your concentration off.

Archived