SASS Wire Forum

Today, July 24th

Today, July 24th, is national tequila day!!!!  Yee-Haa!!! :lol:

The local Tex-Mex restaurants, around these parts, have their tequila/margaritas on sale. It's a fairly big deal around here. 

Viva Anejo tequila !!!!  :P

Where is Speedy Gonzales when you really need him???

1 minute ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Also:

Washington, D.C. : In a tribute to the hardworking men and women that helped establish the American West, the U.S. Senate has declared July 24, 2021, the National Day of the American Cowboy.

One thing they have done right. I guess even a blind pig finds an acorn, once-in-a-while. National Tequila Day, and National Day of the American Cowboy. How awesome is that!!!!

W.K.

18 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

The local Tex-Mex restaurants, around these parts, have their tequila/margaritas on sale. It's a fairly big deal around here. 

As much as I love top-shelf blended Margaritas, Speedy Gonzales is the company that delivers our water. Gotta have a shower to enjoy that Margarita. :)

26 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Do they give green stamps?

26 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

52 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

As much as I love top-shelf blended Margaritas, Speedy Gonzales is the company that delivers our water. Gotta have a shower to enjoy that Margarita. :)

Shower is always good...Better with a friend....Got to save water....

Texas Lizard

1 hour ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Waxa isn't dry anymore???

38 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Was that place started by a boxer?

ALPO:

NOPE. WHILE WE DO HAVE A LOT OF OTHER SHAPES, WE DECIDED TO MAKE MOST OF OUR STEEL TARGETS SQUARES OR CIRCLES.

BETTER USE OF A SHEET OF AR-500

RED STORM, REGULATOR, IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE NAME SUGGESTION. HE'S THE OWNER OF AN AVIATION MAINENANCE FIRM.

DSCF0041.JPG

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Where are the women?

IN THE CLUB-HOUSE KITCHEN.  LOL Sorry, couldn't resist. My Bad.

It was supposed to be day of questionable weather, early in the season this year and they didn't attend.

Here are a few, in the Posse picture, from another match.

IMG_0267.JPG

1 minute ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

IN THE CLUB-HOUSE KITCHEN.

It was a cooler day, early in the season this year and they didn't attend.

I see what you wrote. You forgot the bit about barefoot. LOL!

I was going to write that there was no snow and very few coats.

Just now, Trailrider #896 said:

Forty years ago, I turned 39! B)

Happy Birthday!

6 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Waxa isn't dry anymore???

Oh no. Hasn't been dry for ten or so years now. Just beer and wine. But you can get margaritas in the Tex-Mex restaurants. We do have a pub, of sorts, in the downtown area. Of course there is Chili's, and a few other restaurants, like Logan's, that have a bar, but we don't have any liquor stores...you have to go over to Garrett, or south of Ennis, to buy whiskey...or up to Lancaster. Appleby's has a bar, as does the Rockett Cafe, in Rockett, east of town. 

We literally have a church on almost every street corner, plus the Southwestern Assembly of God University is here, so you'd think it would not ever turn wet...but it did. 

6 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Where are the women?

Yep....it's just plain boring without the women. 

"Look out for the women. You never know whether they're going to scream, or faint, or go for a gun." Louis L'Amour - Mustang Man. 

"...pretty women sometimes can do things no man would attempt." Louis L'Amour - The Lonesome Gods.

"A woman can always find something in a man worth having." Louis L'Amour - Conagher. 

"The deep sea can be fathomed, but who knows the heart of a woman?"  Louis L'Amour - The Walking Drum.

2 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Oh no. Hasn't been dry for ten or so years now. Just beer and wine. But you can get margaritas in the Tex-Mex restaurants. We do have a pub, of sorts, in the downtown area. Of course there is Chili's, and a few other restaurants, like Logan's, that have a bar, but we don't have any liquor stores...you have to go over to Garrett, or south of Ennis, to buy whiskey...or up to Lancaster. Appleby's has a bar, as does the Rockett Cafe, in Rockett, east of town. 

We literally have a church on almost every street corner, plus the Southwestern Assembly of God University is here, so you'd think it would not ever turn wet...but it did. 

Mom did all her schooling at SAGU!

I remeber working at ChiChi's in Richland Hills.

$5 for a year membership...any time anyone ordered a drink, had to look up their index card!!

Yup...I'm that old!!!

Archived