SASS Wire Forum

Olympics Opening

Subdeacon Joe

OK, not a total "meh!"

The globe from the drones was very impressive.

The guys acting out the emojis for the various sports was cool to watch.

The cauldron is a breathtaking and impressive work of art.  

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The globe from the drones was very impressive.

It was amazing.  When they showed the globe from the air floating over the stadium it looked like the opening from The Day the Earth Stood Still.  (The 2008 version.)  So far the drone globe is the only thing I have seen of the Olympics.  Unfortunately for the athletes it looks like it is going to be a ratings desaster.

9 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

What olympics?

The 2020 Olympics, that are being played in 2021 :wacko:.

All I have seen so far is a few seconds of the opening ceremony on the news where they showed the drone globe over the stadium.  Otherwise I am really torn.  On the one hand sometimes I feel we don't even have a US team.  We have a bunch of protestors from BLM to LGBTQ who hate the country and will do everything possible to make the US look bad.  On the other hand there are numerous athletes who have worked hard their entire lives for a chance to participate in the Olympics and who love (or at least tolerate) the US.  Unfortunately the media only forcuses on the protestors.  After almost two years of covid and rioting I am about fed up and would rather watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch on Netflix.

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

We have a bunch of protestors from BLM to LGBTQ

I  think that is pretty much a few self-important bullies on the women's soccer team.   Seeing them come in,  the chants of USA USA USA says that the attitudes of some brats on the soccer team aren't the norm for the entire contingent. 

In fact, there was just a segment of the entire swim team,  men's and women's combined, standing in a circle,  arms linked,  singing America the Beautiful,  then into a close huddle that broke with a very loud USA!!!

Archived