SASS Wire Forum

Movie Guilty Pleasures

My bride is out of town this weekend which means I CAN WATCH WHATEVER I WANT!

Imma sucker for the first two Mummy movies with Brendan Fraser. Tonight’s selection is “The Mummy Returns”. The kid is kinda annoying, but the rest of the movie makes up for it. 

Gotta love Fraser’s & the other’s arsenals!

Yes, I like those movies as well. I had this weird idea that I wanted to put a gun roll together just like his with all the same guns…then I priced them…Eek! But how cool would that be? :D

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/The_Mummy

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Brendan_Fraser

On 7/23/2021 at 6:26 PM, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Imma sucker for the first two Mummy movies with Brendan Fraser. Tonight’s selection is “The Mummy Returns”. The kid is kinda annoying, but the rest of the movie makes up for it. 

Especially his collection of guns in a roll bag, the one that he throws overboard when the boat catches fire.  Must weigh eighty pounds at least.....and floats like a soap bubble.

I love his co-star.  I'd marry her in a minute if that Brit super spy guy wasn't already married to her.  He could have Q make him a new wife.

My favorite movie pleasure is the PAUSE button, so I can recycle the beer.

I remember another movie pleasure from when I was a kid:  the theater had a glassed-in viewing room where mom's and screaming babies could go and still see and hear the movie.. and we could also.

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I KNEW we were kin!!!:rolleyes:

Just saw Bredan in No Sudden Move.  He is virtually unrecognizable.  He really went to seed since the Mummy movies.  Another actor that is now virtually unrecogniable is Russel Crowe.  He ain't the Gladiator anymore.

2 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Another actor that is now virtually unrecogniable is Russel Crowe.  He ain't the Gladiator anymore.

..... more of a "Michelin Man" ............. like me   :)

7 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Just saw Bredan is No Sudden Move.  He is virtually unrecognizable.  He really went to seed since the Mummy movies.  Another actor that is now virtually unrecogniable is Russel Crowe.  He ain't the Gladiator anymore.

But, he made a good condtable in Les Miserables

I still like 'lookining' at him!

I don't see the Mummy movies as guilty pleasures.  They are pretty good movies, so there's nothing to feel guilty about.

Since we're on the subject of Brandon Frasier's movies, Encino Man- on the other hand- would definitely be a guilty pleasure.  That one was just bad.

Gladiator DID come out over 20 years ago. I mean he has access to Hollywood trainers and medical but still. 

7 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

..... more of a "Michelin Man" ............. like me   :)

I guess you are saying you are round....

Texas Lizard

No movies for me...VHS thingy went south....Having trouble finding a new one or repair....

2 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

I guess you are saying you are round....

Texas Lizard

No movies for me...VHS thingy went south....Having trouble finding a new one or repair....

Uhm....I have ONE TV/vCR combo I keep up here for the guests...a closet full of VHS to choose from!

The movie "Freeway" with Reese Witherspoon.  Totally unexpected.  A little past our level of comfort most of the time. It's the Lettle Red Ridinghood story turned into a modern interurban horror story.  You have to endure about the first forth to the point where Kiefer Sutherland comes into the story. 

If you want to watch a couple of fun movies check out Shanghai Noon and Shanghai Knights with Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson. Both are Old West-themed so they're right up this gang's alley. The first one (Noon) is obviously better, but that pair made for a pretty good running gag.

Speaking of Jackie Chan, Mister Nice Guy is just a great popcorn movie! Also all of the Hotel Transylvania movies, clean and with some laughs in there for the adults too.

Archived