Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Cleveland Indians no more


Recommended Posts

https://www.audacy.com/923thefan/sports/cleveland-indians/indians-to-rebrand-as-cleveland-guardians

 

Scroll down to the second video to hear it.

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is interesting about this and the Redskins is that the protestors are for the most part WHITE leftists.  Even the NY Times noted a couple of years ago when it looked at the Redskins name that actual Indians did not object to the name.  I don't follow baseball anymore.  What happened to the Milwaukee Braves?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

What is interesting about this and the Redskins is that the protestors are for the most part WHITE leftists.  Even the NY Times noted a couple of years ago when it looked at the Redskins name that actual Indians did not object to the name.  I don't follow baseball anymore.  What happened to the Milwaukee Braves?

Atlanta Braves. What about the Kansas City Chiefs?! What a bunch of BS!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What the he......ck is a "Guardian"???  :blink:   Give me a break!!! That is about as non-descript of a name as you can get, unless you name them "Air". 

 

I thought a guardian was someone that was assigned to be responsible for you, if your parents were absent for whatever reason. 

For crying in a bucket!!!

The P.C. group has really scored big time on this one....that, and the Washington D.C. football team (but what can you expect from Washington D.C.?). 

 

Our high school football team's name is the Indians.  :D 

There was some socialist talk about changing the name, a few years ago. That idea got off the ground about like an anvil. 

I have some American Indian heritage (no, I did NOT say "Native Americans". There are no "native" Americans...everybody in North & South America are emigrants from somewhere else!), and I was in no way offended. I cannot understand why the name "Indians" is offensive. 

 

If they simply had to change the name to keep their P.C. rating, and to keep from hurting anyone's "wittle-feelings", maybe they should have named them The Cleveland Engines. Of course the P.C. people that think the internal combustion engine is a plot to kill humanity, and would be offended.

 

Bulletin: Someone, somewhere, somehow, is going to be offended by something. That is life. Deal with it, and move on to more serious stiff, like feeding the hungry, helping the sick, visiting the lonely old. 

 

The Guardians...!!! Whoever thought that one up needs to: 1. get a life, and 2. get some imagination.

 

I still have an old Cleveland baseball cap, that I purchased years ago, with a picture/patch of Chief Wahoo on it. I would not trade it for anything. 

I wear it to our football games, and if someone doesn't like it...well...you know what they can kiss!!!

 

W.K.

 

 

 

 

    

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a dumb name. I guess that 100 years from now, no one will know the difference.

 

Hey Rye, I only got to glance a couple of times at the game (TB vs Cle) last night. What was the deal with the Christmas get ups?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

What the he......ck is a "Guardian"???  :blink:   Give me a break!!! That is about as non-descript of a name as you can get, unless you name them "Air". 

 

I thought a guardian was someone that was assigned to be responsible for you, if your parents were absent for whatever reason. 

For crying in a bucket!!!

The P.C. group has really scored big time on this one....that, and the Washington D.C. football team (but what can you expect from Washington D.C.?). 

 

Our high school football team's name is the Indians.  :D 

There was some socialist talk about changing the name, a few years ago. That idea got off the ground about like an anvil. 

I have some American Indian heritage (no, I did NOT say "Native Americans". There are no "native" Americans...everybody in North & South America are emigrants from somewhere else!), and I was in no way offended. I cannot understand why the name "Indians" is offensive. 

 

If they simply had to change the name to keep their P.C. rating, and to keep from hurting anyone's "wittle-feelings", maybe they should have named them The Cleveland Engines. Of course the P.C. people that think the internal combustion engine is a plot to kill humanity, and would be offended.

 

Bulletin: Someone, somewhere, somehow, is going to be offended by something. That is life. Deal with it, and move on to more serious stiff, like feeding the hungry, helping the sick, visiting the lonely old. 

 

The Guardians...!!! Whoever thought that one up needs to: 1. get a life, and 2. get some imagination.

 

I still have an old Cleveland baseball cap, that I purchased years ago, with a picture/patch of Chief Wahoo on it. I would not trade it for anything. 

I wear it to our football games, and if someone doesn't like it...well...you know what they can kiss!!!

 

W.K.

 

 

 

 

    

There’s a very large bride (Lorain-Carnegie bridge)crossing the River into downtown Cleveland and there’s HUGE statues of Guardians holding a car in their hands. It’s been there for years. That’s where they got the Guardians name. 

image.png.89ff0bb56e270fb7705805ea905d3451.png

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

What a dumb name. I guess that 100 years from now, no one will know the difference.

 

Hey Rye, I only got to glance a couple of times at the game (TB vs Cle) last night. What was the deal with the Christmas get ups?

Christmas in July. A stupid tradition here !

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Unknown-1.jpeg

Thats not it! Read below.

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

image.png.42993cb48d24f7192cac15be7348b11b.pngThis is the statue on the bridge, there's two of them. This is the "Guardian"of the bridge and roads! It's the Lorain/Carnegie bridge crossing the river from the west side to the east side.

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been a Cleveland Indians' fan, since Moby Dick was a minnow. 

Way back to my days of little league baseball, in the late 1950's. 

To me, they will always be the Cleveland Indians. No amount of mental pressure, or P.C malarkey, will ever change that.

 

W.K.  

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PCBS!!!  There will be more!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

PCBS!!!  There will be more!!

Braves and Chiefs???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When the P.C. crowd was rattling their pie-holes, a few years ago, about changing the name of our high school football team to something other than the Indians...I suggested, if that happened, that we rebrand them the: Waxahachie N.D.N.'s.

 

I was not worried about a name change. No one, that had lived around here longer than a month, wanted the name changed. Just some transplants from elsewhere. We indicated if they did not like it here, to take I-20 east or west, and be sure to take a large bag of fire ants, under each arm, with you, when you go...and don't slam the door at the border...we will slam it for you. 

 

 

W.K. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Call them the Cleveland Dagos.

 

Italians would be thrilled and the stadium would have wine and good food!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sassnetguy50 said:

From the few I've talked to, those are proud names and have support.

There are still some who stir the pot for a name change here. Years ago we had Warpaint (the horse) for a mascot. But some white people complained the warrior chief was racist. Then the rider became a hottie on horseback. Since I don't follow the team much, I'm not sure if she and the horse are still around. What we have now is this idiot, called K.C. Wolf. What it has to do with the Chiefs or Kansas City is a mystery to me.

 

dfe2987f9c95327945ab55d15b242fb5.jpg aug-27-2010-kansas-city-missouri-united- 110109-F-2722L-184.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

What is interesting about this and the Redskins is that the protestors are for the most part WHITE leftists.  Even the NY Times noted a couple of years ago when it looked at the Redskins name that actual Indians did not object to the name.  I don't follow baseball anymore.  What happened to the Milwaukee Braves?

Should have renamed the Redskins the Red Necks....and let them chew on that as their blood boils.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

There are still some who stir the pot for a name change here. Years ago we had Warpaint (the horse) for a mascot. But some white people complained the warrior chief was racist. Then the rider became a hottie on horseback. Since I don't follow the team much, I'm not sure if she and the horse are still around. What we have now is this idiot, called K.C. Wolf. What it has to do with the Chiefs or Kansas City is a mystery to me.

 

dfe2987f9c95327945ab55d15b242fb5.jpg aug-27-2010-kansas-city-missouri-united- 110109-F-2722L-184.JPG

K. C. Wolf looks and sounds appropriate to any organization that caved in to this crap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Should have renamed the Redskins the Red Necks...

I don't care about baseball. I don't care about Cleveland. And I don't care about offensive racist team names.

 

But if they had renamed some team up in Yankee land the rednecks, I would be - not offended, but definitely damn annoyed. Since I are one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I don't care about baseball. I don't care about Cleveland. And I don't care about offensive racist team names.

 

But if they had renamed some team up in Yankee land the rednecks, I would be - not offended, but definitely damn annoyed. Since I are one.

Trust me us yankees would have been annoyed too!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

What is interesting about this and the Redskins is that the protestors are for the most part WHITE leftists.  Even the NY Times noted a couple of years ago when it looked at the Redskins name that actual Indians did not object to the name.  I don't follow baseball anymore.  What happened to the Milwaukee Braves?

They're playing against the Brooklyn Dodgers today at 3:00

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.