SASS Wire Forum

Biden Said He Wants to Ban What?

Charlie T Waite

President Joe Biden (D) might have just let the proverbial cat out of the bag. Speaking at a recent town hall event, Biden listed everything he wishes to ban and the list goes further than what he has previously stated.

“The idea you need a weapon that can heave the ability to fire 20, 30, 40, 50, 120 shots from that weapon, whether it’s a 9 mm pistol or whether it’s a rifle, is ridiculous. I’m continuing to push the elimination of a sale of those things,” said Biden.

That’s right, now it sounds like Biden wants to also ban handguns, as 9 mm is a very common pistol caliber.

Previously, his argument to ban “large-capacity magazines” (which are actually standard-capacity magazines) was couched in the notion that you don’t need that many rounds because deer don’t wear Kevlar vests—an odd line he’s trotted out on multiple occasions.

Now, Biden has laid his plans out in the open. Not only does he want to ban these standard-capacity magazines, he’s likely going after very commonly owned handguns, too.

“President Biden says he wants to ban handguns. House Republicans will NEVER allow this to happen the #SecondAmendment is a RIGHT,” tweeted House Republicans.

Biden also noted his desire to ban what he misleadingly labels as “assault weapons” and made sure to tout how he helped pass the Federal Assault Weapons Ban in 1994, which sunset in 2004. “I’m the only guy that ever got—passed legislation when I was a senator to make sure we eliminated assault weapons,” said Biden.

Subsequent research has shown that the ban had minimal to no effect at best, not that this matters to Biden and other proponents of gun control.

Archived