SASS Wire Forum

Henry 1860 Transitional Forearm

Yul Lose

A few weeks ago there was a thread about the above mentioned rifle and if I recall correctly someone posted a picture of the forearm. I might be the owner of one these soon and would like to build a forearm for it. I’ve tried to search for it to no avail and any help would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

A few weeks ago there was a thread about the above mentioned rifle and if I recall correctly someone posted a picture of the forearm. I might be the owner of one these soon and would like to build a forearm for it. I’ve tried to search for it to no avail and any help would be appreciated.

Yul, not sure what you mean.  You want to build one or buy one?  If you want to build one I have one and can give you photos if I can get it off the gun.  If you are going to the Western Regional i can bring it with me for you to look at and measure.  If you want to buy one I'm not sure they sell them anymore.

4 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Yul, not sure what you mean.  You want to build one or buy one?  If you want to build one I have one and can give you photos if I can get it off the gun.  If you are going to the Western Regional i can bring it with me for you to look at and measure.  If you want to buy one I'm not sure they sell them anymore.

I want to build one and yes I’ll be at the Western Regional. I’d like to see it and take some measurements and pictures. Thanks.

Here are some pics of my forearm. Haven't finished converting the rifle yet.

56 minutes ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

Here are some pics of my forearm. Haven't finished converting the rifle yet.

How long is it? Did you get it from Taylor’s and Company?

I thought the transitional stocks were 2 piece so the Fowler could still be accessed.

54 minutes ago, Nickel City Dude said:

I thought the transitional stocks were 2 piece so the Fowler could still be accessed.

???

Yul: 7.5".

Nickel; there is no follower tab on transitionals.

Oh, sorry I thought that they made a Henry that had a wood forarm and that was what I thought was being referred to as a transitional.  I guess I was wrong.

These are pictures of the one I made for my Henry.  It was originally a forend on a Rossi 92.  It is held in place by being form-fitted around the mag tube, no screws or other retainer.  The spacer stick pushes the rounds onto the lifter.  This is intended to be a representation of a transitional Henry, not an exact copy.

B9016D67-9817-4414-95A9-0D5627BAA067.jpeg

16154C03-D8FA-4FEA-AC78-F6F262D5271B.jpeg

C492FB9C-93C4-4960-940C-56FBC68CCCBE.jpeg

46A13E9B-4196-4820-8C76-9B559580E1E2.jpeg

733CCC65-8B8E-4D15-B8FD-DEF3248D27C9.jpeg

I could be wrong . . . . but I think Cypress Sam has a really good looking, but illegal external mod on his Henry.  Cannot remove the Thumb Button.  A Transitional Henry is a Side Loader and doesn't require a Thumb Button.

42 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

I could be wrong . . . . but I think Cypress Sam has a really good looking, but illegal external mod on his Henry.  Cannot remove the Thumb Button.  A Transitional Henry is a Side Loader and doesn't require a Thumb Button.

Yup, you’re correct. Was deemed illegal by powers that be when discussed in another thread.  Agree it’s a cool piece or work. 

On 7/29/2021 at 1:24 PM, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Yul, 

Tried to send you a PM.  Says you can't receive messages ??

Try it now.

Archived