SASS Wire Forum

Wild Bunch State Championship Requirements

Popcorn Kelly

I've looked around Sassnet.com and searched the web but couldn't find anything.  Can someone point me to where I can download the requirements to hold a SASS State Wild Bunch Championship match?  

PK

Popcorn Kelly,

Below is the WB State Championship agreement. Beyond this form the club is agreeing to hold the match within WB rules. Submit the form before September, if another club in your state also applies, SASS will make the determination as to which club holds the match. You won't find the answer on the WB wire, but you will find help or advice directed towards WB.

SASS only provides 4 Conchos to Modern, Traditional, Ladies Modern and Ladies Traditional. If you desire Conchos for senior categories, the club needs to pay for those. Gold Country Wild Bunch has been paying up front for all of the Concho's as soon as we know the match has been confirmed, SASS refunds the money for the Conchos they provide after the match has been held. This way the Conchos are at the match, otherwise folks wait a long time for their award.  

SASS provides $200 in gift certificates as well, Gold Country Wild Bunch asks for those to be $25 certificates that we can use on the door prize table.  Call Ruby at SASS, she's a great help.

I hope your match goes off well!

Tully

https://www.sassnet.com/Downloads/WBAS CHAMPIONSHIP AGREEMENT-2pgs-2021.pdf

30 minutes ago, Happy Jack, SASS #20451 said:

Phantom,  the days of stages set up by the likes of Pecos Clyde are over.;), however WBAS was always intended to be a bit more challenging than CAS. Use of sights is necessary and will remain so:D

Curious...if the formula for a successful Cowboy match is "hit-able" targets and no "memory tests", what makes WBAS have a different philosophy? 

Yeah, we say WBAS is different...but the folks that you want to shoot it are pretty much drawn from the same population. Just wondering what Marketing effort was put into the decision on Stage design/layout.

Phantom

Good luck with the State match application, Popcorn! It's great to see new members contributing so much to the sport. I think more applications or matches can never hurt -- I like seeing new matches in new places, and I appreciate seeing how different clubs run the game.

Archived