SASS Wire Forum

Have you visited the new EOT site?

Singin' Sue 71615

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

endoftrail.org

Online app is user friendly, and filling fast!

Where do you find the number of applicants?

4 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

The only thing I found missing was local hotels and motels...Some may not know the area....Some of us know right where we are going to stay...At least hope to...

Texas Lizard

Hmmmm...thought that was there...

Just now, Texas Lizard said:

Did not find it...Went looking for it...

Texas Lizard

You are up late...

10:12 pm here! Watching Heartland for bedtime story!

And you're right.

I believe (and I will look) and see if info is on old WR site.

There is a nice hotel in Anthem, Az only 2 exits North on 17.

South 17 has several hotels close to exits from 8 miles from range.

I would bet Serival Slim will see this thread...

Answers will come soon, I'm sure.

We both gave up too soon!!

2 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

10:12 pm here! Watching Heartland for bedtime story!

And you're right.

I believe (and I will look) and see if info is on old WR site.

There is a nice hotel in Anthem, Az only 2 exits North on 17.

South 17 has several hotels close to exits from 8 miles from range.

I would bet Serival Slim will see this thread...

Answers will come soon, I'm sure.

We both gave up too soon!!

At least you watch something...Have grandkids over, need to be quiet...Plus bedroom is set up living room....Remodeling...Bed, Couch, TV...All in one room...Just need coffee maker and will like a hotel...

Texas Lizard

27 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

At least you watch something...Have grandkids over, need to be quiet...Plus bedroom is set up living room....Remodeling...Bed, Couch, TV...All in one room...Just need coffee maker and will like a hotel...

Texas Lizard

2 grandkids and their parents live here too!

Yup...tv time shuts down early around here.

But they have had vaca all week.

Just the man and me!

But now...it is late!

Night Texas Lizard!

You have a busy day tomorrow!!;)

12 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

It is under more info to come...Later...

Texas Lizard

This info, and other, is still on the Winter Range website. It will eventually be updated and migrated to the new site. I have been through the hotel/motel info http://winterrange.com/lodging.html and there are a few outdated links, but google gives up the new links pretty easily.

The link on the hotel group offering deals to our shooters is also outdated and we are working on a new agreement with them right now.

Hope this helps. The extra time that we had to spend getting the online application and payment portal running unfortunately kept us from getting the other info online by the launch.

3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

We have stayed here, and it is a bit wonky to get there...

Over the overpass, up to next u-turn, then right on service road...but, traffic was good and place was clean and quiet...

Screenshot_20210723-110936_Google.jpg

Better plug in real dates.  Hotels have increased, some almost weekly at times, for last month or so for EOT dates.  Seems as though someone mentioned training camp dates starting about then also.  Rental houses are disappearing fast unless at considerable distance.  

1 hour ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Better plug in real dates.  Hotels have increased, some almost weekly at times, for last month or so for EOT dates.  Seems as though someone mentioned training camp dates starting about then also.  Rental houses are disappearing fast unless at considerable distance.  

Was going to rent a trailer and have it delivered to the range...then I found a nice hotel (stayed there back in 2005), at $80/night!!!

Done deal!!!!

Phantom

13 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Was going to rent a trailer and have it delivered to the range...then I found a nice hotel (stayed there back in 2005), at $80/night!!!

Done deal!!!!

Phantom

Heck of a deal.

I believe Miss Ann and I stayed at corner of Bell and 17 my first year out to WR (2000).  Seems it was a Best Western then.  Remember someone staying there with Dan Nabbit on back of truck.  Ed and I became friends and sometimes I even see him over at the mounted arena.  Super fellow.

I have stayed at the Studio Six a number of times.  Remember came in late one year with Longhunter and seems there was some kind of mix-up in booking so they gave us a handicap room, real big and convenient on bottom floor.  A number of shooters stayed there and Red Roof, but I suspect they are getting a little dated now.

We are working on a hotel deal right now. However it is for some middle-upper end properties: Marriott, Hampton Suites, Homewood Suites. If you are looking for a more bargain priced place; don't delay, and don't pass up a good price.

1 hour ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Just signed up and got my electronic receipt.

Glad you got in Scout.  I believe Texas Jim Henry signed up today also.  Hope you two get on as good a posse as you were at Paradise Pass.:D

Better sign up for 2022 Warm Up at Livery for the trip out.

4 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Heck of a deal.

I believe Miss Ann and I stayed at corner of Bell and 17 my first year out to WR (2000).  Seems it was a Best Western then.  Remember someone staying there with Dan Nabbit on back of truck.  Ed and I became friends and sometimes I even see him over at the mounted arena.  Super fellow.

I have stayed at the Studio Six a number of times.  Remember came in late one year with Longhunter and seems there was some kind of mix-up in booking so they gave us a handicap room, real big and convenient on bottom floor.  A number of shooters stayed there and Red Roof, but I suspect they are getting a little dated now.

We booked a no frill room there once...$50 a night.

It had a bed, 1 chair and small table!!!

7 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Glad you got in Scout.  I believe Texas Jim Henry signed up today also.  Hope you two get on as good a posse as you were at Paradise Pass.:D

Better sign up for 2022 Warm Up at Livery for the trip out.

Well hopefully we won't be on the last flight on Saturday. :P ;)  Will not be going to Thombstone as I will be at the Show of Shows Militaria show in Louisville Kentucky that weekend and won't be back home until Sunday.

Just signed up and received my electronic receipt, this will be my first EOT!

5 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

How we've all been changed over time.  I remember when "The new EOT Site" would have referred to Ben Avery. 

What is this supposed to mean?

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

What is this supposed to mean?

A "site" used to be a geographic  place, not a cyberspace location. 

37 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

So...  How much does it cost?   The prices for the various side matches are listed, but not the main match itself.   Do you have to be a "conventioneer" to sign up for side matches?   Does that cost more?

In the past, for Nationals and EOT you had to be a conventioneer in order to wear your sidearms...so I would take a guess you need to be Conventioneer in order to shoot side match...

But then again, you are first that I've heard ask the question.

I am sure you will get a firm yes or no soon, by someone who is in the know:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

So...  How much does it cost?   The prices for the various side matches are listed, but not the main match itself.   Do you have to be a "conventioneer" to sign up for side matches?   Does that cost more?

The prices are under the matches that you sign up for as Larsen said. If you sign up as a Main Match shooter you are able to sign up for any of the side matches too.

If you want to just sign up as a Conventioneer, one of the advantages is being able to also sign up for side matches.

Here is some Conventioneer info from the old Winter Range website. The price has changed but the info is still valid.   http://winterrange.com/conventioneer.html

You MUST be a SASS member in good standing to register as a Conventioneer, just as a Main Match shooter.

Archived