SASS Wire Forum

Another can of worms?

You are at a match, with a posse who is staying within the time suggested per stage.

You have the posse behind you finishing each stage while your posse has 2 shooters left.

The posse behind 'crowds' the stage, some mixing their carts in tight spaces in your posse area.

This posse goes as far as to start laying guns and loading at the loading table as soon as our last shooter GOES TO THE FIREING  line!!!

Is this okay? Am I being snarky to ask that "our stage is ours" untill we are able to clear it???

I will add...

I spoke to the ones jumping the loading table, asking that they kindly wait for the last shooter to end his stage. (After all...there could have been a reshoot, who knows).

It did not stop...

I asked the PM to please ask the posse to give us the space...was told "Oh, no, I told them to do that. We have to keep things moving."

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

You are at a match, with a posse who is staying within the time suggested per stage.

You have the posse behind you finishing each stage while your posse has 2 shooters left.

The posse behind 'crowds' the stage, some mixing their carts in tight spaces in your posse area.

This posse goes as far as to start laying guns and loading at the loading table as soon as our last shooter GOES TO THE FIREING  line!!!

Is this okay? Am I being snarky to ask that "our stage is ours" untill we are able to clear it???

You are absolutely correct.  You do not crowd the posse in front of you nor do you let the posse behind you crowd you.  Very bad behavior, IMO.  I DO NOT let my posse do it and I will not tolerate someone from the posse behind us putting their guns on the loading table until we are leaving the stage.

Dutch

At a lot of large matches during the shooter's meeting they tell people not to crowd the posse in front of them.  Those that ignore this admontition should be taken out in the parking lot and beaten savagely with a large stick.

4 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

This is the Posse Marshal's fault. They should have taken control of the situation.

Ditto!

12 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

At a lot of large matches during the shooter's meeting they tell people not to crowd the posse in front of them.  Those that ignore this admontition should be taken out in the parking lot and beaten savagely with a large stick.

It was a larger annual, prior to a big match.

Had it been a major match, after going up the chain, the RO's on duty that shift would have been next in line!;)

The stage does not belong to the following posse until the last shooter clears the unloading table.

Spirit of the Game penalty might be earn for the posse doing the crowding.

The last shooter may be rattled by the other shooters crowding in.

Not fair to the posse on the stage.

Pushing the posse in front of you will NOT get the day done any faster.

A PM needs to be empathetic, and also: polite, and have some common sense, and courtesy, and also have a backbone. 

That may be a lot to ask, for some people.

Seems like this particular PM was lacking.

I may have purposely slowed down, because of that. 

Is this a footrace, or a source for fun, and companionship? 

I've seen this happen once or twice, and absolutely hate it.   I'm 'green' enough that I keep my mouth shut about it, but as has been said elsewhere the PM should not be even allowing this let alone condoning it let alone advocating for it.

Ya get people behind you like that, you feel rushed.    "Guns"+"Rushed"= "not good stuff"

Interesting situation.

There are some clubs that have the shooting bays right next to another and posses can't help

but intermingle.

And there are folks who like to shoot early on the stage and will stage their guns on the LT

in order to be ready to shoot as soon as the scenario is given.

Those folks are trying to be helpful in their own way, while maybe not realizing they are

being disrespectful to the other posse.

Good communications, especially between the Posse Marshals, should help solve the issue.

Beyond that, especially when it disrupts the posse that 'owns the stage', some individuals

should be singled out and told to STOP their antics.

My guess is that its always the same folks who do this.

..........Widder

6 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

In this situation, it was the PM's doing...telling them too!!

Then you should have asked the PM to take a walk with you to the MD to discuss your concerns. You can be polite and firm. You also have the option of voting with your feet.

Don't remember this ever happening at the clubs I go to. Maybe us Ohio shooters are more considerate???:o

The posse before us will come up to the stage area but I've never seen them crowd anyone to the point where it bothered anyone!

This is even at the big shoots!

Mingling carts to make it hard to escape is horribly rude.

If a couple of shooters from the next posse just brought their guns and ammo to the loading table, it wouldn't be a big deal. They could always make a space for a reshoot if needed. It would be polite to wait a minute and take turns like your momma taught you.

THE COWBOY WAY would be to ASSIST the party ahead with any safety checks, setting, spotting, brass picking, etc. to help them with the stage.  Then the next posse could move to the stage. :)

Archived