SASS Wire Forum

safe clean out page 1

Need to raise some funds so selling off some safe queens.

all Winchester no replica, all takedowns. 

1- most the finish is gone, mismatched numbers,  both hand and butt stocks have cracks but it functions D model  28" barrel $450 plus shipping

2. Retains most of its finish.  Butt plate is missing.  32" barrel very tight action. Fired very little. Functions as should.  Tight action $500 plus shipping.  SPF

3. Functioning poly choke.  Looks like a good quality reblue. Slight cracks in wood. Extremely Tight action looks to not have been shot much.  $500 plus shipping. 

4. 19 inch barrel front sling swivel. Non matching. Cracks in wrist. Functions fast enough that I won state speed shotgun side match with it. E model.   $550 plus shipping.  SPF

If you want more detailed pics just ask. 

Ive only fired 1, and 4, but I have ran snap caps through the others to see if they function. 

I'll be adding more posts with some rifles and a first year 87 10 ga shortly

20210721_181252.jpg

20210721_180508.jpg

20210721_180553.jpg

20210721_180420.jpg

Evil Dogooder,

I will take #3, the 97 w/poly choke.  Please see PM for info.

Thanks, Caladisi Kid  :)

Hi Evil Dogooder,  check your PM’s.   Sent you tracking numbers on the payment, and request for more pictures…. .   
Just checking everything was all in order… 

thanks, 

1 hour ago, Not Dead Ed said:

Hi Evil Dogooder,  check your PM’s.   Sent you tracking numbers on the payment, and request for more pictures…. .   
Just checking everything was all in order… 

thanks, 

Just checked and sent you some

On 7/25/2021 at 8:53 PM, evil dogooder said:

Just checked and sent you some

Hi, guess what?  The tracking shows UPS (United Package Smashers) has damaged the package and has contacted your FFL.  can you get with him to find out what they did to it?   

15 minutes ago, Not Dead Ed said:

Hi, guess what?  The tracking shows UPS (United Package Smashers) has damaged the package and has contacted your FFL.  can you get with him to find out what they did to it?   

Even worse, the package claim says “box empty”. See the text I sent you.  

On 8/1/2021 at 7:57 PM, Not Dead Ed said:

Even worse, the package claim says “box empty”. See the text I sent you.  

A shoutout to Evil Dogooder and his FFL who I think prevented the UPS (United Pistol Stealers) from stealing a shotgun at the Hodgkins, IL depot.  We got the gun and it is clear that the box was opened with a knife to see if there was a gun in it, and then they decapitated the box taking the gun from it.  The buttstock pad was damaged, and they put a chip in the stock,  but more importantly, after his FFL raised holy hell with the depot manager it was found.  
The gun showed up unwrapped with all the packing jammed in the bottom of the box, and the box all retaped.  We will probably never know what lowlife took the gun and stashed it hoping that the heat would die down, and then sell it in Chicago, how it was re-found, but I’m sure that their efforts got it back.  
Bottom Line, beware of UPS and routing firearms through the Hodgkins Depot…. And always ship well insured.

879E3F54-2C99-48B9-A60D-22FE4A762E30.jpeg

6AC4BA3C-7A37-480B-AEDA-8A84087C3B7A.jpeg

9AAF87D8-D966-4BB6-977F-523D0BAECBB2.jpeg

CF843686-BFF6-4AEC-9886-999E57997967.jpeg

You know , a non FFL with a copy of your drivers license can ship through USPS to an FFL for  less than UPS & insure it . Priority mail in 5-6 working days coast to coast with tracking numbers for less than FEDX & UPS . Good luck shipping in the future ,   Splitthumb 

4 hours ago, Splitthumb said:

You know , a non FFL with a copy of your drivers license can ship through USPS to an FFL for  less than UPS & insure it . Priority mail in 5-6 working days coast to coast with tracking numbers for less than FEDX & UPS . Good luck shipping in the future ,   Splitthumb 

Hi Splitthumb,  my FFL won’t do this.  He says his ATF agents want the chain of custody.  You can ship to an FFL for that FFL or Gunsmith to work on the firearm and then it has to go back to the original person.   It might be his FFL and Gunsmith license.  I read the code on it, and it was rather vague, and I can see where he’s not comfortable with it.   And the USPS doesn’t have a great history either….  
fortunately this all had a happy ending, and I guess there are cretins everywhere..   

Hi, is #3 indeed sold? I had sent pm awhile ago, no reply. Thanks, Preacherman 

On 8/8/2021 at 7:20 AM, Preacherman said:

Hi, is #3 indeed sold? I had sent pm awhile ago, no reply. Thanks, Preacherman 

Sorry preacher man I went back through my messages and I must have missed yours.  I got about 60 messages between the two posts.

Then dealing with the theft of the shotgun  kept me busy on the phone for a week.  No excuse I dropped the ball on a few messages.   I am truly sorry.

Yes it is sold the only one I have left is number 1.  

On 8/7/2021 at 9:27 PM, Not Dead Ed said:

A shoutout to Evil Dogooder and his FFL who I think prevented the UPS (United Pistol Stealers) from stealing a shotgun at the Hodgkins, IL depot.  We got the gun and it is clear that the box was opened with a knife to see if there was a gun in it, and then they decapitated the box taking the gun from it.  The buttstock pad was damaged, and they put a chip in the stock,  but more importantly, after his FFL raised holy hell with the depot manager it was found.  
The gun showed up unwrapped with all the packing jammed in the bottom of the box, and the box all retaped.  We will probably never know what lowlife took the gun and stashed it hoping that the heat would die down, and then sell it in Chicago, how it was re-found, but I’m sure that their efforts got it back.  
Bottom Line, beware of UPS and routing firearms through the Hodgkins Depot…. And always ship well insured.

879E3F54-2C99-48B9-A60D-22FE4A762E30.jpeg

6AC4BA3C-7A37-480B-AEDA-8A84087C3B7A.jpeg

9AAF87D8-D966-4BB6-977F-523D0BAECBB2.jpeg

CF843686-BFF6-4AEC-9886-999E57997967.jpeg

Between my ffl and I they got 43 calls so we might have been a thorn in the managements side.  

8 minutes ago, evil dogooder said:

Between my ffl and I they got 43 calls so we might have been a thorn in the managements side.  

It worked,   Hurrah!  

Archived