SASS Wire Forum

Flying with guns

Hells Comin

3 hours ago, Dutch Coroner said:

Lat time I flew with guns, I used my State Farm agent and had no issues.  That was 7 years ago though.

Dutch

Be careful if it’s on your regular homeowners policy.  Typically a $5000 limit on guns applies unless you buy higher limits. Also, State Farm and other insurers have recently significantly increased the deductibles to a percentage of the value of the house, again unless you pay to lower it. 

Seamus

The thing you have to remember is according to my insurance agent I would have to supply serial numbers and photos to increase coverage above the 5 grand on my initial policy, and of course my next question was "is that confidential information?" to which he replied they would have to furnish it if requested to any government agency or law enforcement officials.

So I bought a bigger and better safe.

Maybe sending them by UPS or such may be an option. If you claim the value over $1000.00 it is handled like a "chain of custody" each person that handles it has to sign for it. The loader, driver etc. I state the contents are " machine parts" which isn't a total untruth.

Just a thought.

Good Luck, Pard!

26 minutes ago, T.K. said:

The thing you have to remember is according to my insurance agent I would have to supply serial numbers and photos to increase coverage above the 5 grand on my initial policy, and of course my next question was "is that confidential information?" to which he replied they would have to furnish it if requested to any government agency or law enforcement officials.

Maybe sending them by UPS or such may be an option. If you claim the value over $1000.00 it is handled like a "chain of custody" each person that handles it has to sign for it. The loader, driver etc. I state the contents are " machine parts" which isn't a total untruth.

Just a thought.

Good Luck, Pard!

This is why you don't buy gun insurance from a home or auto insurer - they just don't understand the business.

I've been using Lockton Affinity; they know firearms.  And they have not asked me for any serial numbers.

https://locktonaffinityoutdoor.com/firearm-insurance/

LL

2 hours ago, T.K. said:

Just a thought.

Good Luck, Pard!

Until you make a claim...then that not quite untruth will bite you in the ass.

Seriously folks, don't lie to the Common Carriers. If enough of you do that, they'll tighten their regs and it'll hurt us all.

Phantom

Archived