SASS Wire Forum

Wolverine Rangers Range War 2021

Sinola Kid

Thursday I'll be loading S.K.I. and leaving early Friday morning.  Volunteered to help with side matches, I want to find the range, park, setup and make sure my head screwed on tight before side match duties.

I am excited - loading up the Jeep tonight and head to Lansing tomorrow night - have a customer there and then in Detroit I have a meeting with Friday am - and then - headed to Port Huron for Range War weekend. Safe travels ya'll.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Thank you Sinola Kid, your family, Three Gun Cole, and the rest of the hard working volunteers that put on this event. Had a great time. Lord willing hope to see y’all in RW 2022 if not before then!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

If'n you weren't there you missed another good one!

Plenty of camping places, plenty of camaraderie and plenty of fun stage scenarios.

State matches I normally shoot clean until a miss on the last stage.  This time I went with two misses on the first stage and a "P" on stage two to drive a lead stake into the heart of the Last Stage Jinx!  Shot the rest of the day clean and Sunday clean too ... until a miss on the last stage....

Vender had a PAIR of older stainless Rugers with pearl like grips.  Bad part was they were in my caliber and barrel length.  My next trip to look at them confirmed the actions were tight, without slop.  Things turned worst on my third trip, they fit in my holsters too.  Things really went bad when the Vender told me the price for the pair, less then what I had figured they were worth!  Fortunately before I could make up my mind another cowpoke bought them.  

What is the definition of "Mixed Emotions"?   Your mother-in-law driving over a cliff in your brand new Cadillac.  Or another definition; A Cowpoke buying a brace of really nice revolvers saving you a bunch of money!

Congratulations to our State and Overall Champions!  
State - Three Gun Cole and Hey Sugar

Overall - Three Gun Cole and Honey B Quick.  

Scores are posted on the Range War page at www.wolverinerangers.org

Archived