SASS Wire Forum

WTB 30 cal lead bullets

Try the cast bullet shop" in ball ground, Ga. He has whatever you need.

Here's his email

Tony@thecastbulletshop.com

Kid,

In my loading room cleanout activity, I found cast lead .308 diam. bullets that just might be what you are looking for.  If you are interested PM me and I will do a count and advise. For sure they will cost you much less than commercial sources.

Grizz

On 7/19/2021 at 6:49 PM, C.N. Double said:

Hey Kid,

A lot of us BAMM shooters use the 170gn hi-tek coated, gas-checked bullet from Quality Cast in our 1903 and 1903a3 Springfields. I use them in my Garand too. Great bullets with proven loading data over on the Wild Bunch Wire (which is still separate from this one for some reason).

CN Double, does the hi-tek coated gas-checked bullets do well without any bullet lube?  I'm curious.  Thanks.

Buckeye Pete

2 hours ago, Buckeye Pete, SASS # 29941 said:

CN Double, does the hi-tek coated gas-checked bullets do well without any bullet lube?  I'm curious.  Thanks.

Buckeye Pete

Howdy BP -- these bullets seem to do well, and I've not experienced any leading. I push them up to about 2000 fps in my Garand, and up to about 1700 fps in the 03a3. Accuracy is good enough for most BAMM matches as I can usually put 30+ rounds through a 6" circle at 100yds on any given range day. I can give you handful if you'd like to try them out.

2 hours ago, C.N. Double said:

Howdy BP -- these bullets seem to do well, and I've not experienced any leading. I push them up to about 2000 fps in my Garand, and up to about 1700 fps in the 03a3. Accuracy is good enough for most BAMM matches as I can usually put 30+ rounds through a 6" circle at 100yds on any given range day. I can give you handful if you'd like to try them out.

CND, thanks for the info and the offer.  I don't think I can load those .30 bullets in my 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser.  I'll check out that vendor!  

BP

Archived