SASS Wire Forum

Jingle-bobs for Lindholm Bros Spurs

Chief Rick

I noticed yesterday that one of my spurs is missing the jingle-bobs.

I haven't been able to locate replacements that match what I have.

Do I need to replace both?  Are the posts pressed/peened in?  Any help appreciated.

image.png.3198fdc35b217307ed8338096f27a341.png

Check with Colorado Saddlery, they have all kinds of replacement jingle bobs and posts.  If you can't find the exact ones, you'll need to replace both.  Lindholm spurs are the best.

Wimpy tried to post and something went wrong. He wrote:

"Chief Rick.

I don't know if my comment will actually post or not so I will try & see what happens.
Chief Rick the rowel pins are peened in.
As far as the jingle bobs & wires I don't where to advise you to go?
We don't have any & we don't make anything anymore.
Sorry my Friend & Best of Luck finding something that will work & that you'll be happy with.
Wimpy Hank Yoho aka Bill Lindholm"

When you can get some replacement jingle bobs that you can live with I would say to unwind one end of the hanger and put them on the posts, then bend them back like they were.  Trying to re-peen the posts may not work well, go after the wire.

31 minutes ago, Kulshan 20262 said:

When you can get some replacement jingle bobs that you can live with I would say to unwind one end of the hanger and put them on the posts, then bend them back like they were.  Trying to re-peen the posts may not work well, go after the wire.

Yep - probably going to replace both the jingle bobs and wire on both spurs, since I've only got the one set remaining.

Currently have only found one set of brass jingle bobs (Colorado Saddlery) and S&H is almost as much as the product.

I finally found something that isn't available (or at least that I can't find) on Amazon...

Archived