SASS Wire Forum

Aragorn in a western???

Cholla

As a fan of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, I have admired Viggo Mortensen, who played Aragorn. Yesterday I was watching Appaloosa and kept wondering why the character Everett Hitch looked so familiar. He's Aragorn! In case you have not seen the movie, he is a quiet deputy that carries an 8-gauge SxS.

image.png.995983420882bd7bf1aabf98f9696683.png

image.png.8a273c8195df239744d45623b09e4b69.png

I didn't enjoy Lord of the Rings as much as I should have because I could not understand what they were saying most of the time.  Especially that bald skinny guy in the cave.  Never understand a word he said.

5 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I didn't enjoy Lord of the Rings as muck as I should have because I could not understand what they were saying most of the time.  Especially that bald skinny guy in the cave.  Never understand a word he said.

Gollumn was hard to understand!!!!

But Aaragon was nice to look at!!!

If you want a good, but depressing and powerful movie with him in it try “The Road”.  It’s been a while since I watched it, but recall it would probably be most accurate of post apocalyptic type movies and was hard to watch…not because it was bad but because you could see yourself faced with the terrible choices.

34 minutes ago, JD Lud said:

If you want a good, but depressing and powerful movie with him in it try “The Road”.  It’s been a while since I watched it, but recall it would probably be most accurate of post apocalyptic type movies and was hard to watch…not because it was bad but because you could see yourself faced with the terrible choices.

That one was 'powerful'

We got through Appaloosa.  Ok, but not one I'll watch over any time soon.  (Sawmill Mary left it to do dishes.) I take it as a modern B-Western.   Eval rancher, good guys, bad guys, Reńee Zellweger and Indians mixed in.  

I do appreciate that most of scenes were out in the daylight and indoor scenes were light enough to see.  No weird camera tricks or editing. 

I did like Appaloosa , the movie , but not as well as the novel. I have read all of the Cole and Hitch novels to date , and when I am reading them I picture Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris as the characters.

A little off track , but what the Hell . it is the Saloon.

Rex :D

Archived