SASS Wire Forum

Rugers vaqueros price

Irish Pat

1 minute ago, Jailhouse Jim, SASS #13104 said:

Phantom is actually spot on if your friend bought the firearms with the express intent of transferring them to you. 

You have to ask yourself.  What will the ATF agent assume?  In today's political environment, I wouldn't want to be that friend, no offense.

if it had happened that way it, yes... but it didn't.  so let's not assume anything based on incomplete information

6 minutes ago, Last Call Saul said:

if it had happened that way it, yes... but it didn't.  so let's not assume anything based on incomplete information

You had a friend buy the gun for you. If monies transferred, you're friend is in a world of hurt IF the ATF finds out about this.

The problem is that you left an electronic trail expressing your intent and your solution for getting these guns that the dealer wouldn't ship(?).

Don't ask me if I think this is a silly law...since both folks filled out 4473's and got their approvals from NICS. The precedence on this is pretty damn clear. I mentioned the possible exposure that you put your friend in...you laughed at it...ignored it. That's okay. Hopefully there's something in the mix that I'm not aware of.

Good luck...

Phantom

But back to the OP, today $1,350 is a deal. $1,600 with $100 grips, springs and an action job, a deal. 

With the distortions in distribution, I think the best ‘cowboy’ deals on Ruger’s and Uberti rifles is through gunsmiths.

The typical cowboy will be hard pressed to buy a new gun and have it slicked up for less than just buying from the smith.

Given the market and the strategies, as far as I can tell, if you're looking to buy a cowboy gun, do a little bit of research on the auction sites to see what the guns you want are going for, then put it out there in the Wire classifieds that you're looking and would like a PM in response.

If someone sees your ad, you might spur them into dragging out that fourth set of backups, or the safe queen. Then they can get in touch with you. Use their home club, alias, and SASS number to do a little reasonable background checking, and get to a price you can both live with. Outside of going face-to-face, that's about how you'll cut out any middle man that jumps in between buyers and sellers.

For most Vaqueros, if you expect to pick up on a bargain posted for sale on the Wire, you might as well just go directly to one of the auction sites.

Archived