SASS Wire Forum

Anniversary

Fifty-six years ago today the most wonderful girl ever became my wife.  I lost her to pneumonia (get your damned shots.  She didn't) just over five years ago.

I miss her every minute,but I'm getting quite well by because of a slogan we had.  It was taken from a science fiction story by an author whose name I don't remember (Robert Heinlein?): and I'd like to pass it on:

"You're going to get over this some day.  Why not now?"

Hard hearted?  Maybe, but I took some time to mourn, then scaled it down and went on with my life.  I still love her and always will and I regret not being a better husband.  I am still startled when I recall her saying she loved me....and I always was.  She is still a major part of my life and I think of her every day and I still talk to her every day.

I'll never forget her.  She was the center of my world for most of my life, through good times and bad, prosperity and poverty, and every other thing that should have done us in....but she carried the load until we got back on our feet and we carried on. 

So, my friends, no matter the problem, no matter how great or small, regardless of the consequences and the shattering events of your life, please consider our family slogan and thank that unremembered author for some of the best advice I ever got:

Bottles, the drinks are on me for a toast to Shawna, my bride.

24 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Fifty-six years ago today the most wonderful girl ever became my wife.  I lost her to pneumonia (get your damned shots.  She didn't) just over five years ago.

I miss her every minute,but I'm getting quite well by because of a slogan we had.  It was taken from a science fiction story by an author whose name I don't remember (Robert Heinlein?): and I'd like to pass it on:

Hard hearted?  Maybe, but I took some time to mourn, then scaled it down and went on with my life.  I still love her and always will and I regret not being a better husband.  I am still startled when I recall her saying she loved me....and I always was.  She is still a major part of my life and I think of her every day and I still talk to her every day.

I'll never forget her.  She was the center of my world for most of my life, through good times and bad, prosperity and poverty, and every other thing that should have done us in....but she carried the load until we got back on our feet and we carried on. 

So, my friends, no matter the problem, no matter how great or small, regardless of the consequences and the shattering events of your life, please consider our family slogan and thank that unremembered author for some of the best advice I ever got:

'Clink'

To Shawna!

I remember the day that you let us know that she had passed, I prayed with you then and I will pray for you now to love and cherish the sweet memories that you have of your time together 

Dale

Raises a coffee cup to you both!

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

I wish. It's been almost 20 years now and I still think of her every day!

I never said to forget her, but think what she would want you to do....and do it.  I have learned how to move on without forgetting a single good thing.

I'm still remodeling the fixer-upper house we bought to correct the things we decided needed to be changed.  The place looks pretty good and I have been offered (no scam:  I checked it out) just over 3x what we paid for it almost seven years ago.  She'd be very proud but would never even consider selling the place....and neither will I.

5 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Sage advise Forty Rod

You, Sir, are a wise and blessed man.

The second fill is on me, to all the ones we loved who are not here to drink with us.

Duffield

Archived