SASS Wire Forum

SOLD - LNIB Pair Pietta 1858 Remington Revolvers in .44 cal with Conversion Cylinders

I have for sale a pair of LNIB Pietta 1858 Remington Revolvers in .44 caliber. Blackpowder cylinders have never been fired. They are each equipped with six-shot .45 Colt conversion cylinders by Howell from Taylor and Company. Less than 100 rounds thru both pistols shooting light Cowboy Special loads with 160 LRNFP bullets. Shoot to POA at Cowboy distances. Have original boxes for both pistols. Excellent condition and the conversion cylinders function flawlessly with the revolvers. Buy the pair and go Pale Rider. Will ship the conversion cylinders separately in another package and the shields have not been cut on the frames, so these ship to your door. I'll post photos tonight. Asking $650 plus shipping for the pair. Prefer not to break up the pair. 

The conversion cylinders cost that much!

• Eliphalet R. Moderator changed the title to SOLD - LNIB Pair Pietta 1858 Remington Revolvers in .44 cal with Conversion Cylinders
9 hours ago, Preacher Clint said:

I have for sale a pair of LNIB Pietta 1858 Remington Revolvers in .44 caliber. Blackpowder cylinders have never been fired. They are each equipped with six-shot .45 Colt conversion cylinders by Howell from Taylor and Company. Less than 100 rounds thru both pistols shooting light Cowboy Special loads with 160 LRNFP bullets. Shoot to POA at Cowboy distances. Have original boxes for both pistols. Excellent condition and the conversion cylinders function flawlessly with the revolvers. Buy the pair and go Pale Rider. Will ship the conversion cylinders separately in another package and the shields have not been cut on the frames, so these ship to your door. I'll post photos tonight. Asking $650 plus shipping for the pair. Prefer not to break up the pair. 

Wow!

Best deal I’ve seen in a long time.

Judging by the reactions here, I may have underpriced them, but I've had them for ten years and only shot one match with them. Love the Remingtons, but the 1858's are rough on my fingers. The 1875's fit me better. 

Archived