SASS Wire Forum

Double Rig for 1851 Colt Navy's

Fat Tuesday

Good ol' Hipshot Percussion from Stan Linde's comic strip Rick O'Shay!  Had an Air Force colonel, the Deputy Commander for Maintenance (DCM) at SAC missile wing, who, when not on duty went around wearing a black cowboy hat, bluejeans, boots and a black sweatshirt.  He also wore a mustache.  Guess what we called him, behind his back of course.  But he was one of the best officers under whom I served!  

Off subject possibly but does anyone know if the Rick O'Shay series of comics had ever been put together and printed in a book?  Thanks

5 hours ago, Fat Tuesday said:

Looking for recommendations for someone who makes a double rig for 1851 Colt Navy Clones 7 1/2 barrel.

Thanks In advance

Fat Tuesday

Almost anybody.  If you want to look authentic, slim jim holsters would be perfect.  For competition, though, you probably want holsters that leave more of the gun exposed.

On 7/16/2021 at 1:10 PM, Caladisi kid said:

Off subject possibly but does anyone know if the Rick O'Shay series of comics had ever been put together and printed in a book?  Thanks

Lynde has the yearlys from 1958 to 1964 but haven't seen any later years, until The Price of Fame issues came out in 1992. There are a couple of other books that ran some later series as well, just not the full yearly runs.

Thanks for the update, I sure miss those comics from my youth.

CK. :)

Archived