SASS Wire Forum

4 People Arrested For Having 16 Rifles & More Than 1000 Rounds of Ammo in Their Hotel Room

Charlie T Waite

USSANews.com

There are ANY NUMBER OF TIMES that I and my traveling companions should have been jailed, going by those parameters!!  I’ve checked into hundreds of hotels over the years with twice that number of rounds of ammunition, (traveling to several matches without returning home, I carry sufficient ammunition to shoot all the matches on my itinerary. I DON’T leave it in the truck/car!!!) and sometimes as many as six long guns of my own, as well as three sets of match pistols as well as my regular sidearm and loaded magazines for it!!

And that’s not counting what my cohorts bring to the same match/hotel!!

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

There are ANY NUMBER OF TIMES that I and my traveling companions should have been jailed, going by those parameters!!  I’ve checked into hundreds of hotels over the years with twice that number of rounds of ammunition, (traveling to several matches without returning home, I carry sufficient ammunition to shoot all the matches on my itinerary. I DON’T leave it in the truck/car!!!) and sometimes as many as six long guns of my own, as well as three sets of match pistols as well as my regular sidearm and loaded magazines for it!!

And that’s not counting what my cohorts bring to the same match/hotel!!

There is certainly the question as to if there should have been suspicion over the firearms and ammo.

But once there was suspicion, it turned out at least three of the four individuals were prohibited persons in NICS, and they were in possession of salable quantities of hard drugs.

I went to a few shoots in Canada a few years ago. I was asked at the border if I had any ammunition. I said that I bet I don't have more than 2,200 rounds. You should have seen the rookie border kid's face. :D

I have a PAL Restricted license and follow all of the rules so I have no trouble.   ;)

I look forward to competing in Canadian matches upon the opening of the border.  :)

I had picked up a hard case for golf clubs a while ago for when traveling with guns. I put some golf stickers on it and then use soft covers for the guns. The pistols travel in a nondescript heavy case with a couple of radio station stickers on it.

Schoolmarm and I were stopped at a roadblock duting the Labor Day holiday, years ago. We had the obligatory cooler in the floorboard between us in the front seat of the truck. Aside from a long weekend’s worth of luggage in the back floor, there were holster rigs hanging from the headrests of both front seats with our main match pistols in the holsters. There were seven long gun cases on the back seat, a large insulated ammo case, a case of shotgun shells, and our hanging cowboy clothes on a hanger rod. I had cowboy hats hanging from the gun rack in the back window along with a couple of the dreaded “black guns” and two more two pistol cases on top of all the long gun cases.

One of the deputies looked in the window, swallowed, and motioned for the sheriff.  The sheriff walked over, leaned on the window reveal, and looked us over.  “Y’all ain’t drankin’, are ye’?” he asked.

“Only Coca Cola,” I replied, opening the cooler.

“Y’all have a great holiday weekend!” he called as he waved, turned, and began “instructing” the deputy on how to tell when something was wrong with folks carrying guns.

That’s how it should be!!

Archived