SASS Wire Forum

When She's Mad

Subdeacon Joe

First, he's a dweeb for using scissors to open a cardboard box, unless she took all the sharp things away from him already.

Second, this reminds me why I am single, her attitude would have pissed me off.  Besides, she should have figured out before the marriage he was the type to buy things on a whim.

9 hours ago, watab kid said:

"fine" is never OK , but your never gonna read their minds , and if you do you would be contemplating suicide so prepare for a bumpy ride 

"Fine," means that she's mad and you should already know why she's mad.

"Do what you want," means exactly that-but- you better already want the same thing she wants.

This had great timing.  I played it in bed so my wife saw it too and laughed a good bit about it.   It came on a day I showed her a Dan Wesson and told her I was getting a new well dug the next day.  

This morning she told me the reason I took her out to supper and left the kids at home is that I do that when I spend money on myself and spend some on her.  

Reminds me of when we were newly weds and the wife asked when I was going to start on the "To Do" list she had started for me.  My answer was as soon as I finished her "To Do" list.  She never mentioned it again.  Nip it in the bud!

Farmer hitch up the mule to the cart for a trip into town to pick up his mail order Bride.  On their way back to the farm the mule got stubborn and sat down in the middle of the road.  Pleading with their mule didn't work so the farmer pulled from the cart an hickory axe handle and smacked the mule on its head.  That got the mule up and moving again.  Farmer told the mule, "That's once."

The Bride looked at the new husband with a shocked look but to her credit didn't say anything.  Few miles down the road mule went stubborn again.  Again the Farmer's final solution to get the mule back up and moving was another wack to the head with the axe handle.  "That's twice" the farmer told the mule.  Now the Bride is staring at her new husband wondering what kind of man did she marry, that treated a poor animal that way.

They also most made back to the farm when, yep you guessed it,  mule went stubborn again.  But this time the Farmer pulled out a revolver, told the mule,  "That's three times" before shooting the mule between its eyes killing it instantly.  Well the Bride had seen enough!!!  She laid into her new husband telling how cruel that was, how expensive mules were to replaced and on and on!  The farmer waited patiently until she had ran out of disparaging remarks about him.  Then he looked her straight into her eyes to quietly say, "That's once".

Nip it it the bud!

My wife gets down on her hands and knees when she talks to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Her favorite words are, "Get out from under that bed your coward!

When she says these words or phrases, it's time to walk away - "Fine" and "That's alright, that's okay".

When she says this, it's time to hide - "WhatEver".

2 hours ago, Chantry said:

First, he's a dweeb for using scissors to open a cardboard box, unless she took all the sharp things away from him already.

Second, this reminds me why I am single, her attitude would have pissed me off.  Besides, she should have figured out before the marriage he was the type to buy things on a whim.

Exactly! My response would have been, "So I'll buy you another scissors for your fabric, no big deal!! I wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes with her!

My wife and I came to a very heated understanding many years ago.

"Fine" means fine. Nothing else. Use of the word  fine means it's  fine  to do what ever I want with no bull sh**.

"Do whatever you want" means exactly that.

"Whatever" means whatever I want.

"I don't care" means whatever I want it to mean. If I want steak at Texas Roadhouse and you don't but you respond "I don't care" WE ARE HAVING STEAK at Texas Roadhouse - or where ever  I want.

I have not and will not play mind games. Mind games are manipulation. Selfish and self-centered manipulation. And I am damn good at combatting that.

Fellows, it's called, "Intense Fellowship".

Been there, she got to buy the most expensive material scissors on me, at least I got to keep the pair I was using.

I also got the keep the cutting board and she of course purchased the most expensive one, on me.

Yep, Intense Fellowship I call it.

I must say that my wife and I have been married 41 years and we love each other and respect each other wholeheartedly.

Thank God she stopped listening to her Mother in the early days...My mother-in-law was the poor version of Joan Collins in Dynasty.

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I must say that my wife and I have been married 41 years and we love each other and respect each other wholeheartedly.

Thank God she stopped listening to her Mother in the early days...My mother-in-law was the poor version of Joan Collins in Dynasty.

We are on blissfull year 22.

We have known each other from age 12.

We sat and talked of EVERYTHING we wanted!

His dad died when we were 19...so he really did not see the adult perspective of their relationship....

My parents were married almost 67 years...and their dynamics were not what I wanted for myself.

I put a note on their fridge once that was a quote from YaYa Sisterhood.

"I know my mother loves my father.

I know my father loves my mother.

But quite frankly, the way they love each other scares me to death."

Anyway, we've taken away from the silliness of the original post...because it is just that!:wub:

I had one that acted just like that... lost her in the divorce court.
Back in the 70s, she told me I couldn't play my banjo in the house.

I still have the banjo.
And my bride of 41 years today, encourages me to play.

42 minutes ago, bgavin said:

I had one that acted just like that... lost her in the divorce court.
Back in the 70s, she told me I couldn't play my banjo in the house.

I still have the banjo.
And my bride of 41 years today, encourages me to play.

In the words of Mark Twain - there is no greater humanitarian than the man who knows how to play the banjo, but chooses not to.

The art of deciding what to have for dinner.  Wife and I are driving through town at dinner time (supper for you southern folk). 

Me:  do you want to eat in town or wait until we get home?  (home is a 15 more minute drive)

Her:  Let's eat in town.  I'm tired.

Me: what do you want/feel like?

Her:  Oh, you decide.

Me:  Ok, Mexican it is.

Her:  I don't feel like Mexican.

Me:  Ok, Italian.

Her:  pasta makes me bloat.

Me:  Well then, Chinese.

Her:  You know MSG doesn't agree with me.

Me:  How about a burger and fries?

Her:  We had that for lunch.

Me:  Well, what do you want?

Her:  I don't know.  Nothing sounds good.

Me:  I'm driving home.

OR  we are at home on a weekend.  Worked outside most of the day.  Sort of tired, ready for or had a couple brews

Her:  what do you want for supper.

Me:  What are you fixing?

That's when the fight started.  I went and got take out pizza.  She could have said to go get a pizza to begin with but noooooo.  I'm supposed to read her mind.  The silver lining in that it was quiet the rest of the night.

In the first year of our marriage, my wife and I got into a heated argument. 

Finally, I took off my pants and threw them at her.  I told her to put them on.

She put them on and said, "They're too big for me."

I said, "That's right.  You're not big enough to wear the pants in this house!"

After a while, she stood up, reached under her dress and took off her panties and threw them at me.  She said, "You put them on."

To reinforce my point, I tried.  Then I said, "I can't get into these!"

She replied quite calmly, "That's right.  And you're going to until you change your attitude."

:huh:

I've got my wife trained exactly the way she wants me.

34 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

In the first year of our marriage, my wife and I got into a heated argument. 

Finally, I took off my pants and threw them at her.  I told her to put them on.

She put them on and said, "They're too big for me."

I said, "That's right.  You're not big enough to wear the pants in this house!"

After a while, she stood up, reached under her dress and took off her panties and threw them at me.  She said, "You put them on."

To reinforce my point, I tried.  Then I said, "I can't get into these!"

She replied quite calmly, "That's right.  And you're going to until you change your attitude."

:huh:

I've got my wife trained exactly the way she wants me.

And that there folks is the rest of the tail.:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

The art of deciding what to have for dinner.  Wife and I are driving through town at dinner time (supper for you southern folk). 

Me:  do you want to eat in town or wait until we get home?  (home is a 15 more minute drive)

Her:  Let's eat in town.  I'm tired.

Me: what do you want/feel like?

Her:  Oh, you decide.

Me:  Ok, Mexican it is.

Her:  I don't feel like Mexican.

Me:  Ok, Italian.

Her:  pasta makes me bloat.

Me:  Well then, Chinese.

Her:  You know MSG doesn't agree with me.

Me:  How about a burger and fries?

Her:  We had that for lunch.

Me:  Well, what do you want?

Her:  I don't know.  Nothing sounds good.

Me:  I'm driving home.

OR  we are at home on a weekend.  Worked outside most of the day.  Sort of tired, ready for or had a couple brews

Her:  what do you want for supper.

Me:  What are you fixing?

That's when the fight started.  I went and got take out pizza.  She could have said to go get a pizza to begin with but noooooo.  I'm supposed to read her mind.  The silver lining in that it was quiet the rest of the night.

Had a girlfriend that liked to play that game.  She'd want to go out to eat and it took half an hour for me to guess where she wanted to eat.

I put an end to that in about a month.

I waited 'til we were in the truck and I was driving towards the main road before I asked where she wanted to go and gave a couple or 3 suggestions of her favorite spots.  If she told me where she wanted to go, then off we went.

When she waffled and eventually slipped up and said the magic words,  "I don't care," I drove to the local hotdog stand and asked if she wanted chili on hers as I got out of the truck.:rolleyes:

If she decided that she wasn't hungry, then she got to munch on an order of fries while I killed off a half a dozen chilidogsB).

After the 3rd or 4th time that happened, she started telling me where she wanted to eat.

Not long after, we broke up.

12 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

But FEAR when even the cicadas go silent!!!:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I think that I dated her a time or two in college, too.

I'm pretty sure I ustawas married to her, or her twin sister ......   :(

9 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I'm pretty sure I ustawas married to her, or her twin sister ......   :(

You're a braver soul than I was. 

She was pretty laid back- BUT- she was 'a caution' (as Louis L'Amour would put it) once she got wound up and overwrought about something.

The worst argument Lisa and I had was about church.   Not going,  but parts of the service. 

We had gotten home and bedded down after a Liturgy of the Presanctifed Gifts (look it up).  She asked,  "What is happening in the Altar during the Kathisma?" (a set of Psalms) "Kathisma?   What Kathisma?"  She looked at me like I was an idiot.   "What do you mean, "What Kathisma?"  You know,  when we sing (sings a few verses)."  "Oh!  You mean the Antifons!"  "No, the Kathisma."  "There is no Kathima!"  Back and forth a few times,  each convinced that the other is being intentionally dense.  Finally I go get a service book,  she gets a choir binder.  My book calls it Antifon, choir calls the same part Kathisma.  We were both right and both wrong.   We were amazed at how quickly we got irked at each other.   We still laugh about it almost 30 years later.

56 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Well, two are supposed to be Californians.

And, that brings up:

There's a LOT of truth in the video.

The perpetuating by the media of the dumb, inbred barbarians in the South stereotype has been going on longer than the US has existed.

Tell a lie long enough and the weak-minded will start to believe it's true- and that lie has had a couple of hundred years to take hold.

I actually had a woman (from New Jersey) at a corporate training seminar that told me with a straight face that I was more intelligent than I sounded because of my Southern accent.

Archived