SASS Wire Forum

Federal primers

Tucker McNeely

34 minutes ago, Doc Shapiro said:

Too much for me.  Especially factoring in Hazmat fees.  Just not that desperate....   yet....

Ditto!

Good find! Thanks for heads up. Found some in local shop, about same price, but no hazmat fee ofcourse..  As I understand it Remengton is back in full swing now and hopefuly more will come and prices will drop if a big hording event is avoided!

I paid $70.00 for 1000 from a private owner for Federals and the same at a store for CCI's. Brownell's is too high especially when you factor in shipping and hazmat! Yikes!! It'll be WELL over $100.00:o

10 hours ago, Raven Law Dog said:

Good find! Thanks for heads up. Found some in local shop, about same price, but no hazmat fee ofcourse..  As I understand it Remengton is back in full swing now and hopefuly more will come and prices will drop if a big hording event is avoided!

As I understand it , Vista Outdoors owns Remington, Federal, CCI, RCBS & Speer. And the majority of the primers being made by Federal & CCI are going to Remington. 

5 minutes ago, Caboose said:

As I understand it , Vista Outdoors owns Remington, Federal, CCI, RCBS & Speer. And the majority of the primers being made by Federal & CCI are going to Remington. 

So Remington doesn’t produce primers anymore? Or there just making that much ammo?

16 minutes ago, Caboose said:

And the majority of the primers being made by Federal & CCI are going to Remington. 

Have not seen Federal state this.  Federal management has only stated that the majority of their primers are GOING TO THEIR OWN AMMUNITION production.  Per videos released earlier this year and linked in this very forum

But I'll bet Remington primers are being used in almost all Remington ammo, and not in the other brands.  And Federals in the Fed ammo.  And CCIs in the CCI ammo.  There would be too much recipe shifting, relabeling and recertification work needed to be able to do THAT switcharoo!!

good luck, GJ

Was at the LGS earlier today and the only center fire primers they had on hand were CCI large rifle BR.  Price was $140/1000!!!

Employee opined that’s probably why they were still there.  Yeah no shit Sherlock.

And looking at prices on guns makes me think I should jack up my homeowners insurance.

On 7/15/2021 at 9:07 PM, McCandless said:

Wow!  Price keeps going up...

Yes. Our prices - dealer prices - have really gone up even though there is no product for us to purchase! :D  I figure the best we will be able to expect is between $275-325 per case of 5,000… but we won’t know for sure until our supplier actually has some

we can purchase.

Big hugs!

Scarlett

On 7/16/2021 at 7:14 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I paid $70.00 for 1000 from a private owner for Federals and the same at a store for CCI's. Brownell's is too high especially when you factor in shipping and hazmat! Yikes!! It'll be WELL over $100.00:o

I ended up paying $150 base price for 2,000 Federals from Brownells which became $190 after sales tax and hazmat shipping, and welcomed the opportunity to buy them.  Given Scarlett's email above, that may be just what we have to pay at retail for awhile.  It'll certainly be nice when I can buy 5,000 to lower my overall shipping, but I suspect we're a few months away from unrestricted purchase quantities.  

LGS in my state had federal small and large pistol as well as CCI for 55.00 a thousand with sale tax. Limited to purchase a thousand of each size per visit. That’s the best price I have seen in many months. I did buy some to carry me over until prices stabilize.

LGS owner said at present their costs are up but he was hopeful that would change. He also told me he would not raise the price on the primers as he figured if he charged a fair price to his customers they would stay his customers. 

I was able to acquire Federal Large and small magnum primers at my local Gibsons hardware store this afternoon at $69.95 per thousand.

They had about 20,000 on the shelf

Coffee

14 minutes ago, Coffee said:

I was able to acquire Federal Large and small magnum primers at my local Gibsons hardware store this afternoon at $69.95 per thousand.

They had about 20,000 on the shelf

Coffee

If you had told me you need Fed LP, I woulda sold you some cheaper...gotta communicate Coffee!!!

:P

18 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

If you had told me you need Fed LP, I woulda sold you some cheaper...gotta communicate Coffee!!!

:P

Thanks Pard, I have to load Black Powder 38 for friends and family, for some upcoming matches. See you at EOT.

We still need to hunt some hogs.

12 minutes ago, Coffee said:

Thanks Pard, I have to load Black Powder 38 for friends and family, for some upcoming matches. See you at EOT.

We still need to hunt some hogs.

Absolutely - we'll be in touch!

Archived