SASS Wire Forum

Tonight's libation of choice?

Doc Shapiro

For those of you inclined to libations, or even those of you who aren't, what's your drink of choice on this fine night?  At my hand, is a glass of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay.  When it's empty, I may move on to a bourbon and ginger ale.  But that's still an open question.

The tab is covered, what are you having?

This may ruin my rep, but, I just finished a Shirley Temple. 
it is Wednesday and the alarm goes off at 4:15 am tomorrow. 

for any young people reading this, that is ginger ale with a splash of grenadine. As opposed to a Roy Rogers which is coke with grenadine.     :D

Bacardi spiced rum, a "mexican" coca cola and 2 slices of lime.

Just a taste of Red Breast, little ice, little water and one for my Evil Twin, J-Bar.

6 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

image.png.159143b58c2950a856dbd478db85c28c.png

Interesting. I just got up and went and got myself a cold one out of the refrigerator.

388130208_IMG_20210715_0510277132.thumb.jpg.72bf10819c0f37c877d601d2251294bf.jpg

I thought I was the only one that drank it as a beverage.

Anejo tequila, sea salt, and lime shots...would/will be my libation. 

For the uninitiated, "anejo" tequila, just means it is aged a minimum of a year, in oak barrels. "Anejo" means "vintage", or "aged". 

There are basically five types of tequila. Blanco, Joven, Reposado, Anejo, Extra Anejo. 

Blanco, is the one you usually get served at a restaurant, in a Margarita. It is not aged, but is straight out of the still to the bottle. 

Joven is rare and difficult to find. It is blanco tequila, mixed with something else...perhaps anejo tequila, or glycerine even. 

Reposado is aged in oak barrels, from six months, to one year. 

Extra anejo is aged longer than anejo, and the makers can use a variety of aging methods, and lengths of aging. 

There are no carbs, or sugar, in tequila, so I am able to drink it straight, even though I am a type 2 diabetic...or was. I reversed it, earlier in the year, though a change in diet. 

There ya go.

W.K. 

Miller Lite (less filling/tastes great).  If I splurge, it would be  either Two Women or Spotted Cow from New Glarus Brewing.  New Glarus Brewing brews are only sold in Wisconsin. 

How about a bit of trivia.  Match the beer associated with the sentence.   Only one is still being brewed today. 

Brewed in God's country. 

Land of sky blue waters. 

Champagne of bottled beer.

20 minutes ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

Miller Lite (less filling/tastes great).  If I splurge, it would be  either Two Women or Spotted Cow from New Glarus Brewing.  New Glarus Brewing brews are only sold in Wisconsin. 

How about a bit of trivia.  Match the beer associated with the sentence.   Only one is still being brewed today. 

Brewed in God's country. 

Land of sky blue waters. 

Champagne of bottled beer.

Heileman's Old Style

Hamm's

Miller

1 hour ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Heileman's Old Style

Hamm's

Miller

Hang up callers....we have a winner!

No work tomorrow so...

Coffee followed by Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Yum-eeeeeee!

12 minutes ago, Doc Shapiro said:

Just plain ole water out of the tap, Doc. 

3 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Just plain ole water out of the tap, Doc. 

I figured such, but I recalled that there's a market for "artisan" water.  I found the entire concept amusing.  Hope you did too :-)

2 hours ago, Flinthills Dawg said:

Sazerac rye neat 

I'm out or that would be my first choice.

Archived