SASS Wire Forum

Hi Ho…It’s off to work I go…

Pat Riot

Today will be my first day back at work since my injury on 2/2/21. My back still bothers me and my wrist and hand are definitely not at 100% but I need to get back to work. I sure as hell  don’t want to but if I intend to retire in a year that’s what I need to do. 

My wife and I have come up with a plan that will allow us to retire next July 4th - Independence Day. :D

Unless something completely unforeseen occurs that changes this, that is what we are working towards. We will have to change our plans for Arizona and live in Pennsylvania or West Virginia for a time but once some of other retirement kicks in it will be Arizona, Texas or Florida. Not sure yet. 

Wish me luck folks! Today is going to be…well, we’ll see how it’s going to be. Trying to maintain an open mind and a good attitude. :D

Congratulations!!

Keep it together. Every time you have to deal with idiots just remember, you'll be sipping sarsaparilla in the moonlight in less than a year.

I like the 4th of July date, Independence Day in more ways than one. 

4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Today will be my first day back at work since my injury on 2/2/21. My back still bothers me and my wrist and hand are definitely not at 100% but I need to get back to work. I sure as hell  don’t want to but if I intend to retire in a year that’s what I need to do. 

My wife and I have come up with a plan that will allow us to retire next July 4th - Independence Day. :D

Unless something completely unforeseen occurs that changes this, that is what we are working towards. We will have to change our plans for Arizona and live in Pennsylvania or West Virginia for a time but once some of other retirement kicks in it will be Arizona, Texas or Florida. Not sure yet. 

Wish me luck folks! Today is going to be…well, we’ll see how it’s going to be. Trying to maintain an open mind and a good attitude. :D

Prayers for comfort at work, and the plan you have!

We pray when contract comes up next June, a severence pkg will be offered. Otherwise we trail you by 2 yrs.

Good luck and stay safe Pat.

Be like my Father: Lived so long the pension people kept calling to ensure he was still upright and above the ground and it was  costing them money!!:D

Praying for you!

I remember when I was counting down to retirement.  It was tough keeping quiet after I got approved for Social Security until the day (12/1/2015) that I walked into the senior partner's office (in a gentlemanly manner, I liked him) and told him I was retiring at the end of the month.  He was surprised, but accepting.  He did say if I changed my mind to come see him and we'd talk, but I had my mind already made up.  And so on December 31, 2015 at 3:30 PM (but who's counting) I officially retired and never looked back.  Best move I ever made.

4 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Just give me the word and the "Countdown" will be adjusted!:D

:D Give me a day to do some calculations. But I am 95% sure right now. 

Thank you all very much for the kind words and wishes. :)

Doggone auto merge…

1,792 Days!

Archived