SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Action Shooting - Austrian style?

Warden Callaway

Boy Warden! You called this one right! I do photo and video  editing  most of the video they don't show muzzle flash and when they did, it and bullets hitting plates were obvious fake! It makes you wonder what brainchild decided to make a fake video to represent them. I would love to see them doing the actual BB competition, if that is what is going on. Who knows, they might have just been dry firing. Big thumbs down on this group!

I say cut the people some slack. Yes there was editing. Yes, they were obviously dry firing because the rifle recoil had the rifle going down instead of up and yes the flash was fake. I don't speak that language so I don't know the commentary. At least the group is trying to promote Cowboy Action Shooting which is what all the clubs need to do to survive. To them, I say thanks for promoting our sport. 

7 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

I say cut the people some slack. Yes there was editing. Yes, they were obviously dry firing because the rifle recoil had the rifle going down instead of up and yes the flash was fake. I don't speak that language so I don't know the commentary. At least the group is trying to promote Cowboy Action Shooting which is what all the clubs need to do to survive. To them, I say thanks for promoting our sport. 

+ 10000B)

24 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

I don't speak that language so I don't know the commentary

Not too much Info. They just explain what kind of guns are needed for CAS and WB, stage instructions, and to Contact them if interested. 

They are clearly dry firing with real guns. You weren't allowed to shoot the video from those angles with bullets (besides that'd be stupid..) They might have other reasons, such a video takes much more time to make than one thinks and usually shooting time is limited on european ranges.

Maybe they thought it looks sexier without protection. I mean who wants to see John Wayne wearing shooting glasses?

To those who are critical of this Cowboy Action Shooting promo; when was the last time YOU got your shooting group together and made a slick video advertising your club, or promoted SASS?

Show us the results of YOUR video production.

But . . . But . . . But . . . Pale Wolf and Phantom, you guys should know there is no subject you can post on the Saloon, but what the Glitteratti won't find something to criticize and or Belittle.

1 minute ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

But . . . But . . . But . . . Pale Wolf and Phantom, you guys should know there is no subject you can post on the Saloon, but what the Glitteratti won't find something to criticize and or Belittle.

Glitteratti...I like that word!

I liked the promo. Heck, I even understood a few words of it. Oh sure, they could have done a few thing differently...so what. At least they're PROMOTING Cowboy Action Shooting, unlike, ahem, some other organizations.

The pards and pardette are shooting single action type revolvers and Win 94 repros loaded with special CO2 cartridges topped with BBs.

Such guns are available from companies like Walther/Umarex at prices about 50 % of the real Italian thing.

If memory serves cal. is ca. 6 mm.

The shotguns seem to be loaded with cartridges sans powder just with primers.

This type of shooting is popular over here for ca. 2 years as a low cost training for CAS.

It is also growing into a popular shooting activity in European countries with restrictive gun regulations.

Long Johns Wolf

I noticed they all had 92’s or did I miss something? Must be an easy rifle to get down there.

3 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I noticed they all had 92’s or did I miss something? Must be an easy rifle to get down there.

I think those are 94's. Watch the bottom drop out on the cock.

Cool video. 

(Who's the hot chick?):ph34r:

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

AUSTRIA...not AUSTRALIA!  ;)

Map

Great video.  It is obvious they are trying to promote CAS and that to make a safe video from the angles they were shooting from they edited in the muzzle flashes and bullet strikes.  I think they did an absolutely fricking fantastic job.  Those that like to nit pick need to go elsewhere.

5 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

THIS!!!! I thought it was a cool video and towns.

We don't know their laws. Maybe they CAN'T actually film 'live shooting'???

2 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

THIS!!!! I thought it was a cool video and towns.

We don't know their laws. Maybe they CAN'T actually film 'live shooting'???

Check out the video Phil linked.

5 hours ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

To those who are critical of this Cowboy Action Shooting promo; when was the last time YOU got your shooting group together and made a slick video advertising your club, or promoted SASS?

Show us the results of YOUR video production.

vielen dank für das video. Ich möchte schießen gehen

Wow! I never ever wanted to ruffle so many feathers! I've learned a lesson. Keep my opinion to myself. Sorry guys! No desire to make enemies. I love CAS. My first negative experience with it. Y'all Rock!

47 minutes ago, Raven Law Dog said:

Wow! I never ever wanted to ruffle so many feathers! I've learned a lesson. Keep my opinion to myself. Sorry guys! No desire to make enemies. I love CAS. My first negative experience with it. Y'all Rock!

You learned the wrong lesson...

Phantom

On 7/15/2021 at 4:14 AM, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

I would love a chance to shoot in Europe.   But the cost and the hassle of getting my guns and ammo over there (no pun intended) would be very expensive, I'd think.

Its not that much of a hassle really.  There are permits involved and the 11 pound weight limit on ammo means :    1. best to be shooting 38s in rifle and pistol..AND   2.  Arrange to  buy shotgun ammo over there.... Doesn't cost any more to take guns to most countries... most places don't have "fees" to do so..... just be careful with your baggage allowance..   Just do NOT book flights that transit any UK airports.   And make sure you have the paperwork before you leave.  The shoot organisers can probably help with the administrative requirements...  Its great fun to shoot in other countries!

11 hours ago, Constable Nelson #11784 said:

Its not that much of a hassle really.  There are permits involved and the 11 pound weight limit on ammo means :    1. best to be shooting 38s in rifle and pistol..AND   2.  Arrange to  buy shotgun ammo over there.... Doesn't cost any more to take guns to most countries... most places don't have "fees" to do so..... just be careful with your baggage allowance..   Just do NOT book flights that transit any UK airports.   And make sure you have the paperwork before you leave.  The shoot organisers can probably help with the administrative requirements...  Its great fun to shoot in other countries!

Or...as in our case, we have supplied match guns for folks coming over as well as been told not to worry, we would be supplied with our needs once there.:wub:

On 7/14/2021 at 6:08 AM, Raven Law Dog said:

Big thumbs down on this group!

On 7/14/2021 at 6:47 PM, Raven Law Dog said:

I've learned a lesson. Keep my opinion to myself. Sorry guys! No desire to make enemies. I love CAS. My first negative experience with it.

Raven, respectfully, It's not that you expressed an opinion, it's that you denigrated an entire Cowboy Action Shooting Club.   How about if you made a video and someone else got on here and said your effort is trash and "Big thumbs down on this group!" about you and your club?  

The rifle and pistols being shot in the video are Umarex BB or pellet guns powered by a CO2 cylinder in the butt (two COcylinders in the rifle).  The pistols are licensed by Colt and are pretty much an accurate replica.  The rifle is listed as a copy of the Winchester 94 and uses the same cartridges as the pistol.  The cartridges hold one BB or pellet where the primer would go in a live round.  Both pistols and rifle function just like a real gun.  They are available from Cabelas and other retailers for about $130 each for he pistols and about $220 for the rifle.

I have a pair of the pistols and the rifle that I use to practice in my garage.  Lot of fun anc very inexpensive to shoot.

Archived