SASS Wire Forum

FS: Taylor’s Winchester 1873 rifle in 38/357 - 18” barrel SOLD PF

Flaco Joe

This is an older Taylors ‘73 in .38/.357. It has an 18” barrel and straight stock.

This rifle was short-stroked by Longhunter and then had some later tune-up work done by Boomstick Jay.

My dad shot this rifle with .357 and had a few hiccups with it. I shot it fast with my .38 loads which are 105 grain conical and an OAL of 1.44 and never had any problems. The rifle will hold ten .357 rounds.

It has a few cart dings on it, but the blueing is good. The dust cover is missing, because my dad is absent-minded, but who uses those these days anyway? 

$1,000 plus shipping SOLD PENDING FUNDS

1FE88C94-6FF2-4647-B99B-F4F0603262DE.jpeg

C0BC3352-43D3-4C0B-BAE1-0D9A1FB67796.jpeg

E102ABD6-98E3-489B-8F9B-466EAD0E61BA.jpeg

A36760BD-7C81-43BF-B260-544A95D6B80C.jpeg

2F4172DA-0F9E-4EB3-B2DF-2B427F7C73D7.jpeg

Sorry Wyo Joe, another taker beat you to it via personal message. It is sold pending funds but if it falls through I’ll get back to you.

• Flaco Joe changed the title to FS: Taylor’s Winchester 1873 rifle in 38/357 - 18” barrel SOLD PF
2 hours ago, SouthwestShooter said:

great deal.  wish I needed another one.

happy may be interested.

Saw it too late....LOL   Happy

Dang thought I had that one for sure ha! Is that the usual way to secure in these classifieds? PM instead of replying? Just so I know for the future. Good looking rifle for whoever got it, congrats!

Most folks post an “I’ll take it” on the actual age like you did, but the first guy contacted me via PM and I was already talking to him when your post came in nearly an hour later. I am at work and so didn’t get online to edit my post right away. I do apologize.

42 minutes ago, Flaco Joe said:

Most folks post an “I’ll take it” on the actual age like you did, but the first guy contacted me via PM and I was already talking to him when your post came in nearly an hour later. I am at work and so didn’t get online to edit my post right away. I do apologize.

no worries at all! Just making sure I follow etiquette since I’m new round here

1 hour ago, Wyo Joe said:

Dang thought I had that one for sure ha! Is that the usual way to secure in these classifieds? PM instead of replying? Just so I know for the future. Good looking rifle for whoever got it, congrats!

you gotta get up early to beat Barleycorn n Happy to the great deals.  I just happend on it earlier.

Archived