SASS Wire Forum

WTB Wild Bunch 1911 and Mags

There are a couple wild bunch matches coming up near me and I am very interested BUT I need a traditional 1911 (Prefer Colt)  5 mags and leather rig (size 40"). Anybody getting out looking to sell there outfit or have an extra set or three that wants to sell one complete outfit?

Thanks Dave thats one less thing to worry about getting. Tougher finding a traditional 1911 :)

Look on page 4 and 5, if you already have a 1911, you may be able to run it under Modern.

https://www.sassnet.com/Downloads/SASS WILD BUNCH Action Shooting Handbook Vers 15 3.5.21.pdf

5 hours ago, Will Burn Powder said:

Thanks Dave thats one less thing to worry about getting. Tougher finding a traditional 1911 :)

Have you handled a Colt?  I can't even SEE the sights on those....  There are some legal options with far better sights....

5 hours ago, Constable Nelson #11784 said:

Have you handled a Colt?  I can't even SEE the sights on those....  There are some legal options with far better sights....

I have and like a fool I sold it when I was young and dumb :) I have a Kimber with all the trimmings just wanted to go for the nostalgia of traditional. A man just can't own enough toys I figure.

15 hours ago, Constable Nelson #11784 said:

The ATI military 1911 has GOOD sights on it. I am on the lookout for another one just for that reason.

https://www.americantactical.us/939/detail.html

KC let me know if you find 2 :)

1 hour ago, Texas Lizard said:

Oh yes you can...When you run out of room to put them...

Texas Lizard

Then its time for another safe. When you run out of room for safes you need to start looking for a bigger house.

:P

6 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Then its time for another safe. When you run out of room for safes you need to start looking for a bigger house.

:P

This is fer sure. 

On 7/13/2021 at 12:42 AM, Constable Nelson #11784 said:

There are several Colt 1911  models that have the larger front site and are still good to go in traditional category.

Blackfoot

Hi WBP,

Springfield Armory has a quality 1911 with great sights. Three white dots that may or may not be allowed in local matches. Easy fix. Magic Marker or black electricians tape.

Good luck in your search.

Tater

https://www.springfield-armory.com/1911-series-handguns/1911-mil-spec-handguns/

1 hour ago, Tater Head said:

Hi WBP,

Springfield Armory has a quality 1911 with great sights. Three white dots that may or may not be allowed in local matches. Easy fix. Magic Marker or black electricians tape.

Good luck in your search.

Tater

https://www.springfield-armory.com/1911-series-handguns/1911-mil-spec-handguns/

The Springfields have angled slide cuts, this keeps them in the modern WB category.

found one of these I am hoping to get shipped in just need To find 5 mags. 
Deacon this will be OK in traditional correct? 
Auto Ordnance 1911 1911BKO Full Size 45 Auto 7rd Mag 5in 1911BKO

25 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

The Springfields have angled slide cuts, this keeps them in the modern WB category.

Sorry about that. Good luck!

25 minutes ago, Tater Head said:

Sorry about that. Good luck!

Nothing to be sorry about, there is one at my LGS that I really like, but...

8 minutes ago, Two Gun Montana said:

Where in the rules does it say the serrations have to be vertical?

It does not! I was wrong on that, going by what someone else told me.

Archived