SASS Wire Forum

Coffee helps prevent the china virus

Trigger Mike

The problem with news bytes like this is they can lead to a false sense of security.  Drinking coffee may  not hurt, but it may not do much.  IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, GET YOUR SHOTS!  If you have any doubt about your personal reaction potential, ask your doctor.  Even the current Pfizer or Moderna vaccines will provide some protection against the Delta variant!

I think since there are only 700 cases in my county since it started I Will just drink coffee.  May take the needles I use to vaccinate my goats and fill it with coffee.  A hog farmer friend of mine took the worm meds she gives her hogs and put it in her orange juice and drank it to prevent the virus as it was what the hospital gave her son.  She never got it.

9% of my state got the virus.  Maybe coffee works just as good as the vaccine.  

I hope you aren’t considering injecting coffee. BAD IDEA!

I take 2000mg Vitamin C, Zinc and Vitamin D3 (500% of daily requirements for D3 & Zinc…or something like that)

I heard Dr. Oz say this is a good regimen and I corroborated it with two of my doctors. 
I also take other vitamins, but these are the ones recommended to combat CoVid. 

Howdy

I had shots to go to grade school.

Shots for the Army,

Flu shots for most of the years I worked at a school.

Ive had regular flu a couple times and it truly sucked.

And after effects lingered for months.

C 19 has killed some three million folks.

And how many have lingering after effects?

Its really too bad this got political.

I also avoid all crowds if I can.

ymmv

Best

CR

I talked with a traveling ICU nurse several weeks ago.   She was in the campsite next to us and was working in Nashville.  She said that Covid is the most horrible thing she has seen.  It takes someone who is perfectly healthy and in a week or less, turns their lungs into jelly.  They basically drown.  There is basically nothing the hospital can do other than put you on a ventilator and hope you survive.  

I got my vaccine as soon as it was available to me and then got on with my life.    I suggest you do the same and not rely on home remedies and vitamins.

I've had two Pfizer shota and I drink about 3 cups of coffee everyday, I think I'm good!!:D

I've never had a cup of coffee, and I have not had the virus; does that mean that NOT drinking coffee makes one virus-proof?

Anecdotal reports of supposed correlations is not scientific proof of anything.  To each his/her own.  I, however, draw the line short of pig vaccines.

LL

14 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I talked with a traveling ICU nurse several weeks ago.   She was in the campsite next to us and was working in Nashville.  She said that Covid is the most horrible thing she has seen.  It takes someone who is perfectly healthy and in a week or less, turns their lungs into jelly.  They basically drown.  There is basically nothing the hospital can do other than put you on a ventilator and hope you survive.  

I got my vaccine as soon as it was available to me and then got on with my life.    I suggest you do the same and not rely on home remedies and vitamins.

I watched that happen to my Brother-In-Law, Lorrie.

He was in a well run Long Term Care Home catering to Veterans and others, when Covid got into it at the beginning of the Pandemic. 

He tested negative for Covid on Monday, Positive on Wednesday, Thursday he was showing symptoms, Friday I was called in to Minister to him and say Good-bye and he died around 5:00 AM Saturday April 25, 2020

Since then, I have lost two cousins in Long Term Care Homes as well.

Get your shots.

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

I've never had a cup of coffee, and I have not had the virus; does that mean that NOT drinking coffee makes one virus-proof?

Anecdotal reports of supposed correlations is not scientific proof of anything.  To each his/her own.  I, however, draw the line short of pig vaccines.

LL

Wait, you’ve never had a cup of coffee ???

Living down here, in hell, I never developed the habit of drinking hot drinks...whether it was coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. 

Growing up here, we drank ice tea/ice water, every meal, year around.

If drinking coffee will keep me from getting the chi-knee virus....I am doomed. The last cup of coffee I had, was on a mid-watch, when I was in the U.S. Navy, and that was in 1971. It kept me awake, all right...the caffeine, in the coffee, made me go to the head every fifteen minutes.  

Oh...for those that are too young....in the Navy, we call the bathroom the "head". I will let you google, or gurgle, or giggle, that, to see where that name came from. 

W.K. 

1 hour ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Living down here, in hell, I never developed the habit of drinking hot drinks...whether it was coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. 

Growing up here, we drank ice tea/ice water, every meal, year around.

If drinking coffee will keep me from getting the chi-knee virus....I am doomed. The last cup of coffee I had, was on a mid-watch, when I was in the U.S. Navy, and that was in 1971. It kept me awake, all right...the caffeine, in the coffee, made me go to the head every fifteen minutes.  

Oh...for those that are too young....in the Navy, we call the bathroom the "head". I will let you google, or gurgle, or giggle, that, to see where that name came from. 

W.K. 

Oh my goodness!!! On Marvin Street, Memaw had a pot on ALL day!!

Momma did at her home as well.

At the cabin, there is always a pot on.

Here at home, I go through 2 pots a minimum!!!

I LOVE COFFEE!!!

5 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I guess I am doomed.  I don't drink coffee and never have.

P.S.  Coffee flavored ice cream is also awful.

So I can't point at you when they scream the pot is empty in the ranger tent?

I make at least 4 of those 40 cuppers a day!!!

So now coffee is good for the following:

1.  2 cups of black coffee after breakfast prevents type 2 diabetes

2.  Coffee is good for your heart

3.  Coffee is good for clearing your kidney and digestive system

4.  Coffee helps dementia

5.  Coffee helps wars off the china virus and helps you recover.  

6.  Coffee taste good.

7.  Coffee taste good with chocolate.   

8.  My kids once had the croppy cough that requires a stimulant to overcome at the hospital so I gave them some spoons of Coffee and it worked.  

COFFEE.  It's what's for life.  

11 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

So now coffee is good for the following:

1.  2 cups of black coffee after breakfast prevents type 2 diabetes

2.  Coffee is good for your heart

3.  Coffee is good for clearing your kidney and digestive system

4.  Coffee helps dementia

5.  Coffee helps wars off the china virus and helps you recover.  

6.  Coffee taste good.

7.  Coffee taste good with chocolate.   

8.  My kids once had the croppy cough that requires a stimulant to overcome at the hospital so I gave them some spoons of Coffee and it worked.  

COFFEE.  It's what's for life.  

9. A bit of black coffee will calm an ADHD child in a pinch!!!

I tried coffee once. About a week before DEROS, I went up as door gunner onour chopper and the pilot said if I didn't drink coffee, I couldn't go. I had about a 1/2 cup of coffee and the rest was cream and sugar. Got some down, but still couldn't stand it. No tea forme either.

21 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

My wife got her monthly Covid test at work this morning, (she's a CNA at a rehab facility). While there, she was talking to a nurse who works there and also works at a local hospital. The nurse told her that this hospital has a large number of Covid cases right now. ALL OF THEM HAD BEEN VACCINATED, AND GOT IT ANYWAY! The nurse said that there's no way in H*** that she's getting the shot.

My wife and I have both had it, me in January 2020 before it had a fancy name and a press agent, her February 2021. 

Now she works nights, me days. We only sleep in the same bed 2 nights a week. When she tested positive for it, I had to go on lockdown too.

The first time in TWENTY years we've spent the night in the same bed for 2 weeks in a row. I STILL DIDN'T GET IT AGAIN!

Some of my blood relatives got the vaccine and had bad side effects.   I figure if I am of the same blood as them that it will likely cause me problems too.  I never had a good experience with the flu shot either whenever I got it.  

9% of my state getting the virus is too low of a illness percentage to worry about. 

Archived